2gether (CNBLUE album)
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 14, 2015|
|Studio||FNC Entertainment Studio (Seoul)|
|Genre||Electronic rock, pop rock|
|Singles from 2gether|
2gether is the second studio album by South Korean pop rock idol band CNBLUE. It was released on September 14, 2015, under FNC Entertainment. After ending domestic promotions for Can't Stop (2014), the band concentrated on individual activities; most notably, frontman Jung Yong-hwa released his debut solo album One Fine Day (2015) in January. The remaining band members sought out opportunities in television, particularly in acting, variety show appearances, and MCing. In August 2015, it was announced that CNBLUE would release its second studio album after an absence lasting one year and seven months. With 2gether, the band decided to change the direction of its music; it stripped itself of the acoustic tracks it was known for and explored electronic dance music in order to create a particular color and form a distinctive sound.
After a series of photo and video teasers, the album and lead single "Cinderella" were released simultaneously. The band held a "Be My Cinderella" album showcase on the day of release and began promoting the album through music chart programs across various television networks by performing "Cinderella" and other album tracks. The single ultimately led the band to win a total of five music show trophies: two consecutive wins on both SBS MTV's The Show and Korean Broadcasting System's (KBS) Music Bank, and one on MBC Music's Show Champion. 2gether was met with generally favorable reviews, particularly for the band's pursuit of electronic elements. The album went on to top the Gaon Album Chart in its second week of its release and sold 83,000 copies in its home country. The band embarked on the 2015 CNBLUE Live "Come Together" concert tour, which made stops in South Korea, China, and other countries in Asia.
After ending domestic promotions for its fifth mini-album Can't Stop (2014), CNBLUE pursued individual activities. Frontman Jung Yong-hwa released his debut solo studio album One Fine Day (2015) in January and embarked on an Asian tour. Guitarist Lee Jong-hyun played the role of a lead character in KBS2's Orange Marmalade and participated on MBC's reality variety program We Got Married. Drummer Kang Min-hyuk took part in MBC's I Live Alone and KBS2's sports variety show Our Neighborhood Arts and Physical Education. Bassist Lee Jung-shin was an MC for SBS Plus's Fashion King: Secret Box and Mnet's music chart show M Countdown.
During a press conference in June for the 2015 Jung Yong-hwa Live "One Fine Day" concert in Taipei, he disclosed that, upon the completion of his solo promotions, CNBLUE was set to release an album in the second half of the year. On August 24, 2015, it was announced that the band would release its second studio album in September. Four days later, it was revealed that the album was titled 2gether and had a set release date of September 14, one year and seven months following Can't Stop.
Writing and development
CNBLUE began developing songs for 2gether in midst of writing songs for Can't Stop. While staying at a hotel in Japan during the band's Arena Tour 2013: One More Time, bassist Lee sought out to write a song. Jung assigned him and Kang to do it together; after listening to the melody of "Control", the two conceived the idea of writing a love song, which Jung rejected. After discussing it between themselves, Kang and Lee agreed to write a song with the notion that "no one can control me". Initially written in Korean, the two faced difficulties in translating the song into English. With the assistance of Jung, the translations and lyrics were completed; Kang and Lee were left uncredited. The song was originally intended to be included on Can't Stop, but was ultimately excluded. Jung cited the limited space on the release, as well as the "different atmosphere" the song had in comparison to the other songs for its omission. He decided to add it to the band's Japanese single "Go Your Way". The lyrics were rewritten in Korean by the bassist for its inclusion on 2gether, marking the first song to be credited under his name since the debut of the band. "Radio" was previously recorded in Japanese for CNBLUE's album Wave, which was re-recorded in Korean for inclusion on 2gether. "Footsteps", originally titled "Heart Song" and included in its Japanese single "Truth", was also rewritten in Korean. In midst of filming KBS2's Orange Marmalade, guitarist Lee took the opportunity to write "Hero".
Often compared to American pop-rock band Maroon 5, CNBLUE has found the comparisons "honorable", but has expressed its desire to distinguish its musical color and establish a unique sound. In CNBLUE's previous albums, Jung made a conscious effort to record music in order to receive recognition for it as an idol band. After deciding to disregard those notions, he opted to create "more comfortable" music that suited the band; as a result, the acoustic music which was present in the band's previous albums was entirely excluded from 2gether. In developing the record, CNBLUE set out to "really [come] together with our music, working with each other on the compositions". CNBLUE took the initiative to change the sound of its music for a "more mainstream feel" by integrating elements of electronic dance music into the album. The title of the album was conceived by Jung while he was eating patbingsu with bassist Lee. It signifies CNBLUE's second studio album, as well as enjoyment of the band's music together. The album was recorded in Seoul at the FNC Entertainment Studio. Mixing took place there, as well as at Cube Studio and MasterPiece SoundLab; it was mastered at the SUONO Mastering Studio.
Musically, 2gether explores the Top 40, electro, and alternative rock. "Cinderella", the lead single of the album, is a pop-rock song that incorporates disco and elements of electronic music. The song begins with "warped vocals, zipping synths, and booming drum machines" before building up into the "explosive chorus", leading into its catchy hook. The song was written and composed Jung and serves as a take on the European folktale of the same name with "trendy sounds" and "modern sensibilities". "Hide and Seek" is a track that affixes a blaring saxophone. "Roller Coaster" is a pop-rock song with influences of reggae and ska, melded with a synthesizer. In "Domino", Jung mixed CNBLUE's traditional rock sound with popular music to appeal to the masses. Consisting of "crunchy" synths coupled with a funk rhythm guitar, the 1980s synthpop song features Wheein of girl group Mamamoo, the band's first ever feature. Written and composed be guitarist Lee, "Hero" is a song reminiscent of 1990s alternative rock. He created it in tribute to his father, his first attempt to write a song for him. "Catch Me" is a rock song which draws inspirations from 1980s dance music and is blended with a synthesizer. A synthpop song, "Drunken Night" describes the emancipation from the burden of expectations with a night out of alcohol consumption. "Hold My Hand" is a medium-tempo jazz pop song infused with a "romantic" clarinet. An electronic rock song, "Radio" features a heavy guitar and a synthesizer. "Footsteps" is a Britpop-inspired song that deals with the idea of finding footprints along one's path that others have traveled, signifying "you are not alone".
Artwork concept and packaging
2gether is available in three editions. The concept of version A revolves around the theme of morning and showcases CNBLUE's "sexy change". It includes a 68-page photobook, one out of four random photo card between two sets, and a poster. The concept of version B presents the members in a forest, in which they exhibit "dreamlike atmospheres". It includes a 64-page photobook, one out of four random photo card between two sets, and a poster. The cover art for these two versions display a pattern of geometric diamonds. The album's title is split into '2' and 'gether', encased within the diamond in the center of the cover. The artwork for the special version of 2gether was designed by Belgian artist Sammy Slabbinck, his first time working with South Korean musicians. It includes a 16-page photobook and a poster.
Release and promotion
On September 2, a set of teaser photos for version A of 2gether was published. A second set of teaser photos for version B followed the next day. On the following day, the opening trailer for "Cinderella" was uploaded on CNBLUE's YouTube channel. The four members are shown awakening, each with a single high heel in their possession. Between September 7–10, individual opening trailers were released daily, each preceded by the "CNBLUE Cinderella V Week" show on Naver's mobile app V directly before their release; bassist Lee, drummer Kang, and guitarist Lee held a 10-minute broadcast, while Jung Yong-hwa held a 15-minute broadcast. This was followed by the release of the music video teaser for "Cinderella" on the subsequent day, as well as a highlight medley for the album. One hour prior to the release of the album, CNBLUE broadcast from Japan on the V app to discuss the album and sing a portion of the lead single, as well as snippets of other selected songs.
2gether and the music video for "Cinderella" were concurrently released on September 14. That same day, CNBLUE held the "Be My Cinderella" album showcase at the AX Hall in the Gwangjang-dong neighborhood of Seoul, which was broadcast on the V app. On September 17, CNBLUE began promoting "Cinderella" by performing the song on weekly music chart shows. In addition to the lead single, the band also performed "Radio" on Mnet's music chart show M Countdown. "Hold My Hand" on KBS's Music Bank, "Roller Coaster" on Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation's (MBC) Show! Music Core, "Domino" on Seoul Broadcasting System's (SBS) Inkigayo, "Footsteps" on SBS MTV's The Show, and "Domino" on MBC Music's Show Champion. On the September 22 broadcast of The Show, CNBLUE earned its first music show win with "Cinderella", followed by its second win on Show Champion the day after. The song earned the band its third win on Music Bank that same week; the episode did not air due to the Chuseok holiday. CNBLUE earned two consecutive wins on The Show and Music Bank a week later, bringing the total of music show wins up to five.
The quartet were guests on KBS2's talk show You Hee-yeol's Sketchbook, where they performed "Cinderella", as well as a rearranged version of "I'm a Loner" and "Can't Stop". CNBLUE appeared on SBS Power FM's Cultwo Show and KBS Cool FM's Kiss the Radio in order to promote the album. The band, sans guitarist Lee, also made a surprise appearance on the September 27 broadcast of KBS2's Gag Concert for the same purpose. The band held the CNBLUE 2nd Album [2gether] Behind Day event on October 9 to commemorate the end of the album's domestic promotional cycle. tHE final music show performance was broadcast on Show! Music Core on October 17.
The band embarked on the 2015 CNBLUE Live "Come Together" concert tour. The first concert took place on October 2 at the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Shanghai, China, followed by two concerts at the Jamsil Arena between October 24–25 in Seoul, South Korea, two concerts at the AsiaWorld–Expo arena between November 21–22 in Hong Kong, one at the Impact, Muang Thong Thani arena on January 16, 2016, in Bangkok, Thailand, one at the Workers' Stadium on January 23 in Beijing, China, one at the Singapore Indoor Stadium on February 13 in Kallang, two at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center between February 19–20 in Taipei, Taiwan, and one at the Guangzhou International Sports Arena on February 27 in Guangzhou, China. The concert at the Dalian Zhongsheng Center scheduled on December 19 in Dalian was canceled "due to unforeseen reasons". One concert will take place at the Olympic Sports Centre on March 12 in Nanjing, one at the International Expo Center on March 19 in Chongqing, and one at the Huanglong Gymnasium on March 26 in Hangzhou.
2gether was met with generally favorably reviews from music critics. Writing for Billboard magazine, columnist Jeff Benjamin felt that the similarities between CNBLUE and Maroon 5 were "more striking than ever", noting that it "may position them to be more internationally appealing than ever". In spite of the change in direction of the band's music on the album, Benjamin observed that the "sentimental songwriting" and "vivacious energy" persisted within the band. In a 10asia article where three staff individually picked their favorite song from recent releases, Park Soo-jeong named "Domino" as the highlight of the album. Commending the yin and yang harmonization between Jung's "dreamy vocals" and Wheein's "feminine and lucid voice", she took recognition of the "immensely vast range of Jung Yong-hwa's musical spectrum".
Rating the album three and a half stars out of five, Jung Min-jae of online magazine IZM sensed that CNBLUE "adheres to its wide-ranging pop rock" in 2gether. Lauding Jung's versatile vocal styles throughout the album and the band's blending of music, he felt that the band's "signature smooth melodies and waving grooves are more attractive than ever". He complimented the "stable, tidied color of its sound", acknowledging "how much effort was put in to its solid structure." He named "Domino" and "Radio" as the highlights of the album that showcased "a new side of the band", while also noting tracks like "Roller Coaster" and "Hero" draw from the band's previous work to strike a balance within the album. He expressed that the "dramatic" progression of CNBLUE's music was "unfathomable" from its career beginnings. In spite of lyrics lacking depth, in addition to compositions and arrangements which fell short of diversity, he stated that the "neat composition of the tracks makes you feel good", which produced a "well-made pop rock album". Rating the album three stars out of five, Jung Hae-wook of News Tomato complimented the band on the mixture of electronic rock and being able to form a distinct sound between the tracks, as well as their effort to experiment in order to establish its musical identity.
Music critic Kim Young-dae of Idology noted that the album exhibited "diverse genres and approaches, fitting well into the current scene as a result". He observed that the band avoided a cliché chorus and opted for "trendy brass grooves and a fluent melody" in "Hide and Seek", and dubbed the experimentation in the composition and arrangement of "Domino" as "refreshing". Also writing for Idology as 'Mimyo', musician Moon Yong-min noticed that the album "sets its foot between [the] uneasy cleavages" of rock, K-pop, and dance music "from the texture of the approach". He sensed that the mixture of sounds came across as "nonchalant" as opposed to engaging in them for the purpose of "popular appeal or an 'edgy', hybrid element". He recalled past attempts of rock band popular music, but noted that CNBLUE worked well in avoiding the "discomfort" of trying to sell records. In a mixed review, Cao Jiefeng of Malaysian newspaper Sin Chew Daily claimed that the band lacks the ability to create a "hit hook" and that it should strive to develop more "outstanding" melodies. He pointed out that the element of rock music almost disappeared in some tracks, saying that "Drunken Night" was essentially a techno dance-pop song that sounded like a 2PM or B1A4 "side-cut". He spotlighted "Domino" as one of the top tracks, stating that the "cool rockers" become "the romantic bourgeoisie" in the song. He also applauded "Radio"; he compared it to a British band Coldplay's and Swedish producer Avicii's "A Sky Full of Stars", revering its "grand chorus" and "wild guitar solo". He concluded that 2gether is a "revolutionary production" that paved the way to a "promising start" in CNBLUE distinguishing itself from Maroon 5.
On the chart dated September 13 – 20, 2015, 2gether debuted at number two on the Gaon Album Chart, outranked by Super Junior's Magic. The following week, the album rose to the top of the chart. It fell to number three on its third week. The record ranked at number 30 on Gaon's year-end chart for selling 82,748 copies in South Korea.
2gether also debuted at number three on Billboard magazine's World Albums Chart. In Japan, the album debuted at number 19 on the weekly Oricon Albums Chart, selling 3,716 copies in its first week. It sold an additional 3,069 on the following week, peaking at number 14. By the end of its chart run, the album sold 12,672 copies in the country.
|1.||"Cinderella" (신데렐라; Shinderella)||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa, Lee Sang-ho||3:21|
|2.||"Hide and Seek" (숨바꼭질; Sumbakkokjil)||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa, Lee Sang-ho||2:48|
|3.||"Roller Coaster" (롤러코스터; Rolleo Koseuteo)||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa, Go Jin-young||3:30|
|4.||"Domino" (featuring Wheein of Mamamoo)||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa, Go Jin-young||3:27|
|5.||"Hero"||Lee Jong-hyun||Lee Jong-hyun, Lee Sang-ho||Lee Sang-ho||3:54|
|6.||"Drunken Night"||Lee Jong-hyun||Lee Jong-hyun, Han Seung-hoon, Seo Yong-bae||Seo Yong-bae||3:08|
|7.||"Catch Me"||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa, Park Hyun-woo||3:13|
|8.||"Hold My Hand"||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa||Masayuki Iwata||3:55|
|9.||"Control"||Lee Jung-shin||Jung Yong-hwa, Han Seung-hoon||Go Jin-young, Park Hyun-woo||3:12|
|10.||"Radio"||Jung Yong-hwa||Jung Yong-hwa, Han Seung-hoon||Tomozaku Miura, Jun Inoue||4:12|
|11.||"Footsteps" (발자국; Baljaguk)||Lee Jong-hyun||Lee Jong-hyun, Kim Jae-yang||Lee Jong-hyun, Go Jin-young, Park Hyun-woo||3:31|
Credits and personnel
Credits adapted from the album's liner notes.
|Billboard World Albums Chart||3|
|Gaon Album Chart||1|
|Oricon Albums Chart||14|
|South Korea||September 14, 2015||CD (version A), digital download|
|South Korea||September 21, 2015||CD (version B)|
|South Korea||September 30, 2015||CD (special version)|
- Jo, Myeong-hyeon (August 28, 2015). '완전체' 씨엔블루가 온다…9월 14일 정규 2집 발매. The Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). The Star. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Lin, Yufang (June 20, 2015). 鄭容和飛吻連環送 宣布震撼「好消息」. NOWnews (in Chinese). Taipei, Taiwan: Yahoo News Network. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Lee, Kyeong-nam (August 24, 2015). [단독]씨엔블루, 9월 정용화 자작곡으로 컴백. News1Sports (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Park, So-hyeon (August 28, 2015). 씨엔블루, 1년 7개월만 완전체 컴백…9월 14일 정규 2집 발매. XportsNews (in Korean). XportsMedia. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Go your way. B=Pass. Japan: Shinko Music Entertainment. September 2014.
- "CNBLUE 2nd Album [2gether] Release" (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. September 14, 2015. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- Shim, Jae-geol (September 14, 2015). 씨엔블루 "6년째 일탈을 꿈꾼다". Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). The Hankook Ilbo Media Group. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Lee, Hyeong-mi (September 14, 2015). 씨엔블루, "1년 7개월 만에 컴백, 멤버들이 가장 애착이 가는 노래는?" ('신데렐라' 컴백 쇼케이스) [SSTV 영상]. StarSeoulTV (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Son, Ye-ji (September 9, 2015). 씨엔블루 종현, "자작곡 '히어로', 아버지에게 바치는 노래" 뭉클. 10asia (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved September 9, 2015.
- Benjamin, Jeff (September 15, 2015). "CNBLUE Embrace Electro-Pop-Rock on 'Cinderella' Single, New Album '2gether'". Billboard. Nielsen N.V. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- Kwon, Min-ji (October 2015). 정용화의 프라이빗 원더랜드. Harper's Bazaar Korea. South Korean: Kayamedia Corporation.
- Jackson, Julie (September 15, 2015). "CNBLUE drops '2gether,' defends status as rock band". The Korea Herald. Herald Media. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- Son, Ye-ji (September 10, 2015). 'V앱' 씨엔블루 정용화, "앨범명 '투게더', 이정신과 팥빙수 먹다 지었다". 10asia (in Korean). Daum. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- 2gether (liner notes). CNBLUE. FNC Entertainment. 2015. 1045181488.CS1 maint: others (link)
- Han, In-gu (August 24, 2015). '컴백' 씨엔블루, 타이틀곡은 '신데렐라', 정용화 자작곡. XportsNews (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Jackson, Julie (September 14, 2015). "[V Report] CNBLUE goes acoustic with 'Cinderella'". The Korea Herald. Herald Media. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Cao, Jiefeng (October 11, 2015). 被电离子附身的放克摇滚客. Sin Chew Daily. Malaysia: Sin Chew Media Corporation Berhad.
- Jung, Hae-wook (September 14, 2015). "(정해욱의 가요별점)씨엔블루, '아이돌 밴드'에서 '밴드'로". News Tomato (in Korean). Retrieved November 10, 2015.
- Kim, Ha-jin; Park, Soo-jeong; Lee, Eun-ho (September 16, 2015). [여자셋 노래셋] 전진 vs DAY6 vs 씨엔블루. 10asia (in Korean). Korea Entertainment Media. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- Jung, Min-jae (October 2015). "Neo Music Communication IZM - 2gether". IZM (in Korean). IZM. Archived from the original on December 22, 2015. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- Kim, Ka-yeong (September 14, 2015). '편견 넘고 중압감 내려놓고'…가장 씨엔블루스러운 컴백(종합). TVreport (in Korean). Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- Kim, A-reum (September 14, 2015). '1년 7개월만의 컴백' 씨엔블루, 그들의 도전과 변화의 정점… '신데렐라' (종합). Newsway (in Korean). Newsway Corp. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Kim, Ka-hye (October 2015). "Hero". Cosmopolitan Korea. South Korean: Hearst Joongang.
- Kim, Jin (September 2, 2015). "CNBLUE's 2ND Regular album jacket 'Sexy' CNBLUE". Get It K. PSR Project. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- CNBLUE 2nd ALBUM [2gether] A ver 예약 판매 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. September 4, 2015. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- Kim, Jin (September 3, 2015). "CNBLUE members change to Autumn Men with outstanding looks". Get It K. PSR Project. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- CNBLUE 2nd ALBUM [2gether] B ver 예약 판매 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. September 14, 2015. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- Choi, Ji-ye (September 21, 2015). 씨엔블루, 새미 슬라빈크와 콜라보…스페셜버전 커버 공개. MyDaily (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- CNBLUE 2nd ALBUM [2gether] Special ver 예약 판매 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. September 21, 2015. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- Jung, Eujene (September 8, 2015). [어저께V] 씨엔블루 민혁, ‘민데렐라’의 센스만점 트랙리스트 랩. JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). JoongAng Ilbo Company. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- Han, Ju-hong (September 10, 2015). [V앱] 씨엔블루 정용화, "우리 팬, 날 닮아 센스쟁이". Starin. Edaily. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- Lee, Ji-seok (September 11, 2015). '컴백 D-3' 씨엔블루 신곡 '신데렐라' 베일 벗었다. Sports Seoul. Naver. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- "Archived copy" 씨엔블루 신곡 '신데렐라'로 컴백, 정용화 "기존 음악과 다른 느낌이니 기대해달라" [출처] 본 기사는 조선닷컴에서 작성된 기사 입니다. The Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). Chosun Media. September 11, 2015. Archived from the original on September 20, 2015. Retrieved September 18, 2015.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Ahn, Sung-mi (September 10, 2015). "[V Report Plus] CNBLUE to go live in Japan". The Korea Herald. Herald Media. Retrieved September 11, 2015.
- Lee, Nancy (September 14, 2015). "[Video] CNBLUE Searches for Cinderella in Latest MV". Mwave (in Korean). CJ E&M. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Kim, Ji-yeon (September 14, 2015). "CNBLUE Reveals Honest Thoughts on Releasing Second Full-Length Album". Mwave (in Korean). CJ E&M. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Ahn, Sung-mi (September 13, 2015). "[V Report Plus] CNBLUE's showcase to stream live on V". The Korea Herald (in Korean). Herald Media. Retrieved September 15, 2015.
- Jung, Rajin (September 17, 2015). 씨엔블루, 오늘(17일) '엠카운트다운'서 컴백무대 방송 최초 공개. Sports Today (in Korean). Stoo. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- Jung, Eun-sun (September 18, 2015). '뮤직뱅크' 씨엔블루, 네 남자의 화려한 컴백 신호탄 '홀드 마이 핸드+신데렐라'. 10asia (in Korean). Korea Entertainment Media. Retrieved September 18, 2015.
- Yoon, So-hee (September 19, 2015). '음악중심' 씨엔블루, 댄디와 섹시 모두 뽐낸 컴백무대 '롤러코스터+신데렐라'. 10asia (in Korean). Korea Entertainment Media. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Lee, Gyeong-ho (September 20, 2015). '인기가요' 씨엔블루, 들을 수록 중독↑ '신데렐라'. JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). JMnet USA. Retrieved September 21, 2015.
- Lee, So-hee. [Z인터뷰] 착실한 6년 차 밴드 씨엔블루, 앞으로도 잘 부탁해 (September 22, 2015). Zenith News (in Korean). Zenith Global News. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- Jung, Eun-sun (September 23, 2015). '쇼챔피언' 씨엔블루, 더욱 풍성해진 사운드의 컴백무대 '도미노+신데렐라'. 10asia (in Korean). Korea Entertainment Media. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- Yoon, Seong-yeol (September 22, 2015). 씨엔블루 '더 쇼' 1위..컴백 후 첫 가요프로 정상. JoongAng Ilbo (in Korean). JMnet USA. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- Kim, Su-jin (September 23, 2015). 씨엔블루, '더 쇼' '쇼챔피언' 연달아 1위. Kyunghyang Shinmun (in Korean). Kyunghyang Company. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- Kim, Jin-seok (September 29, 2015). 씨엔블루, 지난주 결방 '뮤직뱅크' 1위 차지. Ilgan Sports (in Korean). DramaHouse & J Content Hub Company. Retrieved September 29, 2015.
- Choi, Na-yeong (September 29, 2015). 씨엔블루, '더쇼' 2주연속 1위..트로피 4개. Ilgan Sports (in Korean). DramaHouse & J Content Hub Company. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- Seon, Mi-kyeong (October 2, 2015). 씨엔블루, 방송출연 없이 '뮤뱅' 2주연속 1위..5관왕 달성. Osen (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved October 5, 2015.
- Han, Hye-ri (September 19, 2015). '유희열의 스케치북' 씨엔블루, 6년차 밴드다운 폭발적 라이브 선보여. 10asia (in Korean). Korea Entertainment Media. Retrieved September 22, 2015.
- 씨엔블루 컴백, 19개월만에 완전체로...'투게더(2gether)'. Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). The Hankook Ilbo Media Group. September 17, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- Kim, Ryeo-wook (September 25, 2015). <뜬금포 초대석> with. CNBLUE. Kiss the Radio (in Korean). KBS Cool FM. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- Hu, Sul-hee (September 27, 2015). '개콘-핵존심' 씨엔블루 깜짝 등장, 능글+음흉 연기 '폭소'. MyDaily (in Korean). Naver. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- CNBLUE 2nd ALBUM [2gether] Behind Day 참여 및 이벤트 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. September 30, 2015. Retrieved October 21, 2015.
- Yoon, Soo-hee (October 17, 2015). '음악중심' 씨엔블루, 눈호강 네 남자의 아쉬운 굿바이 무대 '신데렐라'. 10asia (in Korean). Korea Entertainment Media. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- Rou, Yuan (September 7, 2015). 韩团CNBLUE巡演首站上海 10月2日亮相梅奔 (in Chinese). Sina Corp. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- Jang, Byeong-ho (October 3, 2015). 씨엔블루, 투어 '컴 투게더' 성황리 마쳐…서울 공연 앞둬. MetroSeoul (in Korean). Metro. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
- Shim, Jae-geol (September 5, 2015). 컴백 씨엔블루, 10월 단독 콘서트 연다. Hankook Ilbo (in Korean). The Hankook Ilbo Media Group. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- Jang, Yun-jeong (October 27, 2015). 밴드 '씨엔블루', 화끈한 150분 라이브 잠실 '들썩'. AJU Business Daily (in Korean). Aju News Corporation. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- CNBLUE香港騷加錢可睇綵排. Sing Tao Daily (in Chinese). Sing Tao Daily Limited. October 5, 2015. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
- 開騷爆廣東話笑彈 CNBLUE「男神女神」冧港迷. Apple Daily (in Chinese). Next Media. November 22, 2015. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- Feoh จับมือ FNC ประกาศสถานีต่อไป ไทยแลนด์. Independent News Network (in Thai). The Associated Press. October 30, 2015. Retrieved October 31, 2015.
- [콘서트] 2016 CNBLUE LIVE [COME TOGETHER] in BEIJING 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. December 15, 2015. Retrieved December 18, 2015.
- 2015 CNBLUE LIVE [COME TOGETHER] in SINGAPORE 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. November 17, 2015. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- [콘서트] 2016 CNBLUE LIVE [COME TOGETHER] in TAIPEI 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. December 15, 2015. Retrieved December 18, 2015.
- [콘서트] 2016 CNBLUE LIVE [COME TOGETHER] in GUANGZHOU 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. December 15, 2015. Retrieved December 18, 2015.
- 2015 CNBLUE LIVE [COME TOGETHER] in DALIAN 공연 취소 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. November 30, 2015. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- CNBLUE南京演唱会3月开唱 郑容和率队员兑现承诺. Sohu Music (in Chinese). Sohu. January 19, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- [콘서트] 2016 CNBLUE LIVE [COME TOGETHER] in CHONGQING 안내 (in Korean). FNC Entertainment. January 15, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- CNBLUE巡演3月26日杭州开唱 现已实力开票. Music Channel (in Chinese). 67.com. February 3, 2016. Retrieved March 6, 2016.
- Kim, Young-dae; Kim, Young-dae (September 27, 2015). 1st Listen : 2015년 9월 중순 (in Korean). Idology. Retrieved September 28, 2015.
- 2015년 39주차 Album Chart (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved September 24, 2015.
- 2015년 40주차 Album Chart (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved October 2, 2015.
- 2015년 41주차 Album Chart (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved October 2, 2015.
- 2015년 Album Chart (in Korean). Gaon Music Chart. Retrieved December 9, 2016.
- "World Music: Top World Albums Chart". Billboard. Nielsen N.V. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- オリコン週間 CDアルバムランキング 2015年09月14日～2015年09月20日 11～20位. Oricon Style (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved September 23, 2015.
- オリコン週間 CDアルバムランキング 2015年09月21日～2015年09月27日 11～20位. Oricon Style (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved September 30, 2015.
- オリコンランキング情報サービス「you大樹」 －CD・ブルーレイ・DVD・書籍・コミック－. Oricon Style (in Japanese). Oricon. Retrieved December 9, 2015.
- Jung, Eujene (September 8, 2015). 씨엔블루, 정규 2집 트랙리스트 및 민혁 티저 공개..'기대↑'. The Chosun Ilbo (in Korean). Osen. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- "2gether by CNBLUE on iTunes". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. September 14, 2015. Retrieved September 16, 2015.
- on YouTube