2nd Armoured Brigade (United Kingdom)
|2nd Light Armoured Brigade
2nd Armoured Brigade
|Engagements||Battle of France
Battle of El Alamein
Battle of Gazala
The 2nd Armoured Brigade was part of the 1st Armoured Division when it was sent as part of the British Expeditionary Force (BEF) to France in 1940. It was evacuated from Brest without its heavy equipment.
After being reformed it was sent in November 1941 to North Africa where it served with the 7th Armoured Division at Gazala, El Alamein and with the 1st Armoured Division in the Tunisia Campaign and Italian Campaign.
- Brig. F. Thornton
- Brig. Sir Richard McCreery
- Brig. Raymond Briggs
- Brig. A.F. Fisher
- Brig. R. Peake
- Brig. G.W. Goodbody
- Brig. J.F.B. Combe
Component Units during the Second World War
- The Queen's Bays (2nd Dragoon Guards)
- 9th Queen's Royal Lancers
- 10th Royal Hussars (Prince of Wales's Own)
- 1st Bn. The Rifle Brigade
- 9th Bn. The King's Own Yorkshire Light Infantry
- Bright p. 23
- Bright, Joan, ed. (1951). The Ninth Queen's Royal Lancers 1936–1945. Aldershot: Gale & Polden.
- "2 Armoured Brigade". Orders of Battle.com.
|This article about a specific British military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|