2nd Aviation Regiment (United States)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|2nd Aviation Regiment|
coat of arms
|Part of||2nd Infantry Division|
|Colors||Ultramarine Blue, Golden orange|
|Distinctive Unit Insignia|
The 2nd Aviation Regiment is an aviation regiment of the U.S. Army.
The distinctive unit insignia was originally approved for the 2d Aviation Battalion on 5 August 1963. It was redesignated for the 2d Aviation Regiment and amended to update the symbolism on 8 December 1988.
- Headquarters and Headquarters Company (HHC)
- HHC, Combat Aviation Brigade, 2d Infantry Division ("Talon")
- 1st Battalion (Attack), 2d Aviation Regiment ("Gunfighters" / "Strike Deep")
- 2nd Battalion, 2nd Aviation Regiment (Assault) (UH/UL −60) – "Wild Card"
- 3rd Battalion, 2nd Aviation Regiment (General Support) (CH-47F, UH/UL-60) – "Nightmare"
- 4th Battalion, 2nd Aviation Regiment (Attack) (AH-64D) – "Death Dealer"
- 602nd Support Battalion (Aviation) – "Warhorse", Task Force Ready
- 1st Squadron, 17th Cavalry Regiment (Reconnaissance) (OH-58D) - "Saber", Rotational Forces Deployment
- Historical register and dictionary of the United States Army, from ..., Volume 1 By Francis Bernard Heitman 
- Encyclopedia of United States Army insignia and uniforms By William K. Emerson (page 51).