2nd Brigade (Ireland)
|Irish: 2ú Briogáid|
2nd Brigade shoulder flash
|Part of||Defence Forces|
|Garrison/HQ||Cathal Brugha Barracks, Dublin|
|Brigadier General Michael Beary|
The 2nd Brigade (2 BDE) (known as 2nd (Eastern) Brigade until the 2012 reorganisation of the army) (Irish: 2ú Briogáid) is a brigade of the Irish Army. The brigade headquarters are in Cathal Brugha Barracks in Dublin.
2nd Brigade provides security to various vital installations in its area of responsibility, including; Government Buildings, Áras an Uachtaráin (Residence of the President), foreign embassies, Dublin Airport, Dublin Docks (Dublin Port, Dún Laoghaire) and Knock Airport.
- Brigade HQ - Cathal Brugha Barracks, Dublin
- 6 Infantry Battalion (Athlone)
- 7 Infantry Battalion (Dublin)
- 27 Infantry Battalion (Dundalk)
- 28 Infantry Battalion (Ballyshannon)
- 2 Artillery Regiment (Athlone)
- 2 Cavalry Squadron (Dublin)
- 2 Communication and Information Services Company (Dublin)
- 2 Engineer Group (Athlone)
- 2 Supply & Transport Group (Athlone)
- 2 Ordnance Group (Athlone)
- 2 Military Police Company (Dublin)
- McKee Barracks, Dublin 7
- St Bricins Hospital, Dublin
- Gormanston Camp in Co. Meath
- Aiken Barracks, Dundalk
- Custume Barracks, Athlone
- Finner Camp in Ballyshannon
- "General Officer Commanding 2 Brigade". Irish Defence Forces. Retrieved 5 June 2016.
- "2nd Brigade". Defence Forces Ireland. Retrieved 31 July 2016.
|This article about a specific military unit is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|