2nd Force Support Battalion (Australia)
|2nd Force Support Battalion|
|Active||1998 – Present|
|Part of||17 Combat Service Support Brigade|
|Garrison/HQ||HQ at Derwent Barracks, Hobart|
|Unit Colour Patch|
The 2nd Force Support Battalion (2 FSB) is an Australian Army logistics battalion. Established in 1998, 2 FSB is a Reserve unit headquartered in Hobart, with depot in various locations across Tasmania and Victoria.
Formed on 1 August 1998 as a Reserve unit, following the amalgamation of a number of supply, medical, military police, maintenance and transport units, its headquarters is based at Derwent Barracks in Hobart, Tasmania, however it has depots in Launceston and Devonport at Paterson Barracks and Kokoda Barracks respectively. In 2011, it took over three reserve sub-units from 9 FSB in Victoria.
As of 2011, 2 FSB is composed of the following sub-units:
- Battalion Headquarters (Hobart)
- 44th Transport Squadron (Hobart & Devonport)
- 6th Logistic Support Company (Hobart)
- 6th Supply Platoon (Hobart)
- 15th Force Support Squadron (Melbourne, Bendigo & Horsham)
- "2nd Force Support Battalion". Our people. Australian Army. Retrieved 1 November 2015.
- Dennis et al 2008, pp. 327–328.