2nd Mountain Troops Brigade (Romania)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|2nd Mountain Troops Brigade "Sarmizegetusa"
Brigada 2 Vânători de "Sarmizegetusa"
Romanian Mountain Troops (Vânători de Munte) from the 2nd and 61st Mountain Troops Brigade during a military competition (Army scouts contest).
|Active||1 August 1923-present|
|Branch||Romanian Land Forces|
|Size||6 battalions + other supporting companies|
|Part of||2nd Infantry Division "Getica"|
|Colonel Tudorică Petrache|
The brigade was initially formed as the 2nd Mountain Troops Division on 1 August 1923, and was named after the most important Dacian military, religious and political centre. The 2nd Mountain Brigade is currently subordinated to the 2nd Infantry Division and has its headquarters in Braşov. Units from the brigade were often deployed to peacekeeping missions in Afghanistan and Iraq. The structural reorganization process of the brigade was completed in early 2003, with the subordination of the 33rd Mountain Troops Battalion. The 33rd Mountain Troops battalion is currently deployed in Afghanistan as part of the ISAF.
- 2nd Mountain Troops Brigade - Braşov
- 21st Mountain Troops Battalion "General Leonard Mociulschi" - Predeal
- 30th Mountain Troops Battalion "Dragoslavele"- Câmpulung
- 33rd Mountain Troops Battalion "Posada"- Curtea de Argeş
- 206th Artillery Battalion - Ghimbav
- 228th Anti-aircraft Artillery Battalion - Braşov
- 229th Logistic Battalion - Braşov