2nd North African Infantry Division
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Division was created in March 1936 and was dissolved in May 1940 following the invasion of France. The Division was commanded by Generals Fernand Lescanne (to January 1940) and Pierre Dame.
- 11 Zouaves Regiment
- 13 Algerian Tirailleurs Regiment
- 22 Algerian Tirailleurs Regiment
- 92 Reconnaissance Battalion
- 40 North African Artillery Regiment
- 240 North African Artillery Regiment.
It was an active division which existed during peacetime. The Zouaves Regiments were made up from European settlers in Algeria and some recruited from France. The other regiments were made up of native troops from Algeria.
- "Divisonal Commanders". Retrieved 2009-08-28.
|This World War II article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|