2nd Regiment Wisconsin Volunteer Cavalry
|2nd Regiment Wisconsin Volunteer Cavalry|
|Active||September 1, 1861, to July 19, 1865|
|Engagements||Siege of Vicksburg
Siege of Jackson
The 2nd Wisconsin Cavalry was organized at Milwaukee, Wisconsin between December 30, 1861, and March 10, 1862.
Total strength and casualties
The 2nd Wisconsin Cavalry initially recruited 1,127 officers and men. An additional 998 men were recruited as replacements, for a total of 2,125 men.
The regiment suffered 24 enlisted men killed or died from wounds in action, and 4 officers and 284 enlisted men who died of disease, for a total of 312 fatalities.
- Colonel Cadwallader C. Washburn
- Colonel Thomas Stephens
- Lieutenant Colonel Levi Sterling
- Lieutenant Colonel H. Eugene Eastman
- Lieutenant Colonel Nicholas H. Dale
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2007-03-26. Retrieved 2007-04-19. The Blue Book of the State of Wisconsin Compiled and Published Under the Direction of J. D. Beck, Commissioner of Labor and Industrial Statistics, 1907 Democratic Printing Company, State Printer, Madison, WI 1907
- http://www.civilwararchive.com/Unreghst/unwicav.htm#2ndcav The Civil War Archive website after Dyer, Frederick Henry. A Compendium of the War of the Rebellion. 3 vols. New York: Thomas Yoseloff, 1959.
- Roster of Wisconsin Volunteers, War of the Rebellion, 1861-1865. p. 50.
- Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs. Civil War Regimental Histories
- Second Wisconsin Cavalry
- The Civil War Archive
|This article about a specific military unit of the American Civil War is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|