2nd Streamy Awards
|2nd Annual Streamy Awards|
|Presented by||International Academy of Web Television|
Los Angeles, California
|Original release||April 7, 2010 (Craft awards)
April 11, 2010
|Preceded by||1st Streamy Awards|
|Followed by||3rd Streamy Awards|
|Streamy Awards website|
The 2nd Annual Streamy Awards were held on Sunday, April 11, 2010, at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles, California. Paul Scheer served as the host of the presentation. Over 1,500 audience members were in attendance. The show was broadcast live by multiple distributors including TV.com and Ustream.tv.
Nominees and Winners
The nominees were announced on March 1 by web celebrity Shira Lazar and Jim Festante. Winners of the 2nd Annual Streamy Awards were announced on April 11, 2010 at the Orpheum Theatre. Winners of the Craft Awards were held four days earlier (April 7) at the Barnsdall Gallery Theater. They were hosted by Jim Festante.
|Best Comedy Web Series||Best Dramatic Web Series|
|Best Hosted Web Series||Best Reality or Documentary Web Series|
|Best News or Politics Web Series||Best Foreign Web Series|
|Best New Web Series||Best Companion Web Series|
|Best Animated Web Series||Best Branded Entertainment Web Series|
|Best Experimental Web Series||Audience Choice Award for Best Web Series|
|Best Directing for a Comedy Web Series||Best Directing for a Dramatic Web Series|
|Best Writing for a Comedy Web Series||Best Writing for a Dramatic Web Series|
|Best Male Actor in a Comedy Web Series||Best Female Actor in a Comedy Web Series|
|Best Male Actor in a Dramatic Web Series||Best Female Actor in a Dramatic Web Series|
|Best Ensemble Cast in a Web Series||Best Guest Star in a Web Series|
|Best Web Series Host||Best Vlogger|
|Best Editing||Best Cinematography|
|Best Art Direction||Best Sound Design|
|Best Animation||Best Visual Effects|
|Best Live Production in a Web Series||Best Original Music|
|Best Product Integration in a Web Series||Best Interactive Experience in a Web Series|
|Best Mobile Experience in a Web Series|
The presentation was poorly received. This was due to its several technical failures. Such technical failures included the video How to Get Nominated for a Streamy, created by the Fine Brothers stopping midway through its presentation.
Its execution was also poorly received. Streakers and the "molestation" of Chris Hardwick and Lisa Nova also led to negative reception of the presentation. This caused the International Academy of Web Television to depart from the presentation of the award show, resulting in a two-year hiatus of the Streamys.
- Hugh Hart (April 12, 2010). "Streamy Awards Hype Hot Web Stars". Underwire. Wired. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Jenni Powell (April 11, 2010). "The 2nd Annual Streamy Awards: The Winners". Tubefilter. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "The Streamy Awards - Winners". Archived from the original on 5 May 2010. Retrieved May 5, 2006.
- Samuel Axon (April 12, 2010). "Streamy Awards 2010: Here Are the Winners". Mashable. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Liz Shannon Miller (April 12, 2010). "The Streamy Awards: A Producer's Apology And Its Three Fails". GigaOM. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Kara Swisher (April 13, 2010). "Viral Video: How to Get Nominated for a Streamy". All Things D. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- iJustine (April 12, 2010). "2010 Streamy Awards". iJustine.com. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- Aymar Jean Christian (December 17, 2012). "On Giving the Streamys (and the IAWTV) a Chance". Televisual. Retrieved February 4, 2013.