|Founder||Mark Turner, Eddie Jones.|
|Slogan||Men's Underwear Perfected Down Under|
2wink Australia is an Australian men's underwear and swimwear apparel brand based in Perth, Western Australia. 2wink Australia's brand name was created from the concept of "winking" one's eye. Australians are renowned for giving you a wink if they like what they see.
2wink Australia is known for its uniquely themed underwear ranges, or collections, most of the time related specifically to elements of the design of the waistband. The 'walkabout' range was designed by an Aboriginal designer, and the brand's newest swim wear ranges are named after five of the best known Australian actors, Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Heath Ledger, Ryan Kwanten and Sam Worthington.
2wink Australia released its first range of men's swimwear in 2011.
2wink Australia was founded by friends Eddie Jones and Mark Turner in 2005, after realizing their disappointment with other brands of underwear that were expensive and didn't hold up well. In 2010, Carl McNeill officially bought out Eddie Jones's interest in the company.
Since beginning the company with A$30,000 in 2005, 2wink Australia has gone on to pull in over A$2 million in 2009, delivering to over 30 countries (including Australia, France, Italy, USA, United Kingdom, Germany, Spain, Singapore and Japan), and creates 80,000 pairs of underwear per annum. The company expects to double its sales as export opportunities become available to the business.
In 2009, the company made the strategic decision to transfer all of its manufacturing from China to Western Australia, after observing the uproar caused by Pacific Brands, the maker of Bonds, taking their manufacturing overseas.
2wink Australia currently has 10 different ranges of Australian-made underwear available, including Hung Downunder, 70s, 80s, walkabout, Sweet As! Candy, LOADED, LOADED Gen2, Mechanic, Predator, Rage, and previous ranges, including The Tanga, Longbox, Glovebox, Minibox, Hot Angel, Cool Devil and Space Cadet. The brand is also developing additional new ranges.
Some of the brand's variations include Graffiti Longbox, Graffiti Glovebox, Graffiti Minibox, Longbox Split and Loaded Gen2 in cherry and white.
- "2wink Underwear Innovative Marketing Campaign". Watoday.com.au. 29 March 2010. Retrieved 9 November 2010.
- "Men's Fashion". 7perth.com.au. Retrieved 9 November 2010.
- Guys' Underwear Blog. "2wink Hot Angel trunks – A review | Guys' Underwear Blog". Guysunderwearblog.com. Retrieved 9 November 2010.
- "Underwear of the Week: 2wink Cool Devil and Hot Angel | Underwear News Briefs – A Men's Underwear Blog". Underwear News Briefs. 22 October 2009. Retrieved 9 November 2010.
- Guys' Underwear Blog (10 May 2010). "2wink Space Cadet trunk – A review | Guys' Underwear Blog". Guysunderwearblog.com. Retrieved 9 November 2010.
- "Review 2wink Loaded Brief | Underwear News Briefs – A Men's Underwear Blog". Underwear News Briefs. 6 April 2010. Retrieved 9 November 2010.