|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||261.316 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)|
3',4'-Methylenedioxy-α-pyrrolidinobutyrophenone (MDPBP) is a stimulant of the cathinone class developed in the 1960s, which has been reported as a novel designer drug. MDPBP is sometimes sold under the name "NRG-1" as a mixture with other cathinone derivatives, including flephedrone, pentylone, MαPPP and its higher homologue MDPV.
The main metabolic steps are thought to be demethylenation followed by methylation of one hydroxy group, aromatic and side chain hydroxylation, oxidation of the pyrrolidine ring to the corresponding lactam as well as ring opening to the corresponding carboxylic acid. CYP2C19 and CYP2D6 have been identified as the isoenzymes mainly responsible for demethylenation.
As of October 2015 MDPBP is a controlled substance in Poland and China.
- α-Pyrrolidinobutiophenone (α-PBP)
- 3',4'-Methylenedioxy-α-pyrrolidinopropiophenone (MDPPP)
- Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)
- Herbert, Koeppe; Karl, Zeile; Gerhard, Ludwig (28 May 1965), Patent DE1545591 - Verfahren zur Herstellung von α-Aminoketonen mit heterocyclischer Aminogruppe (in German)
- Kolanos, Renata; Solis, Ernesto; Sakloth, Farhana; Felice, Louis J. De; Glennon, Richard A. (18 December 2013). ""Deconstruction" of the Abused Synthetic Cathinone Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV) and an Examination of Effects at the Human Dopamine Transporter". ACS Chemical Neuroscience. 4 (12): 1524–1529. PMC . PMID 24116392. doi:10.1021/cn4001236.
- Westphal, Folker; Junge, Thomas; Klein, B.; Fritschi, Giselher; Girreser, Ulrich (15 June 2011). "Spectroscopic characterization of 3,4-methylenedioxypyrrolidinobutyrophenone: A new designer drug with α-pyrrolidinophenone structure". Forensic Science International. 209 (1–3): 126–132. PMID 21316166. doi:10.1016/j.forsciint.2011.01.016.
- Wiergowski, Marek; Woźniak, MateuszK.; Kata, Marzena; Biziuk, Marek (August 2016). "Determination of MDPBP in postmortem blood samples by gas chromatography coupled with mass spectrometry". Monatshefte für Chemie - Chemical Monthly. 147 (8): 1415–1421. ISSN 0026-9247. PMC . PMID 27546909. doi:10.1007/s00706-016-1780-0.
- Brandt, Simon D.; Freeman, Sally; Sumnall, Harry R.; Measham, Fiona; Cole, Jon (September 2011). "Analysis of NRG ‘legal highs’ in the UK: identification and formation of novel cathinones". Drug Testing and Analysis. 3 (9): 569–575. ISSN 1942-7611. PMID 21960541. doi:10.1002/dta.204.
- Meyer, Markus R.; Mauer, Sandra; Meyer, Golo M. J.; Dinger, Julia; Klein, Birgit; Westphal, Folker; Maurer, Hans H. (July–August 2014). "The in vivo and in vitro metabolism and the detectability in urine of 3’,4’-methylenedioxy-alpha-pyrrolidinobutyrophenone (MDPBP), a new pyrrolidinophenone-type designer drug, studied by GC-MS and LC-MSn". Drug Testing and Analysis. 6 (7-8): 746–756. ISSN 1942-7611. PMID 24124065. doi:10.1002/dta.1559.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
|This drug article relating to the nervous system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|