|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||197.66 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
3-Chloromethcathinone (also known as 3-CMC and clophedrone) is a stimulant drug of the cathinone class that has been sold online as a designer drug, mainly in European countries such as Ireland, Italy, Poland and Sweden.
The pharmacology of 3-CMC is unknown, though it is probably a dopamine and serotonin releasing agent. Its chemical structure bears some resemblance to bupropion, but more closely resembles para-Chloromethamphetamine which is neurotoxic. Studies in mice indicate 3-CMC is neurotoxic
- Substituted cathinone
- Odoardi S, Romolo FS, Strano-Rossi S (August 2016). "A snapshot on NPS in Italy: Distribution of drugs in seized materials analysed in an Italian forensic laboratory in the period 2013-2015". Forensic Science International. 265: 116–20. doi:10.1016/j.forsciint.2016.01.037. PMID 26874736.
- Błażewicz A, Bednarek E, Popławska M, et al. (February 2019). "Identification and structural characterization of synthetic cathinones: N-propylcathinone, 2,4-dimethylmethcathinone, 2,4-dimethylethcathinone, 2,4-dimethyl-α-pyrrolidinopropiophenone, 4-bromo-α-pyrrolidinopropiophenone, 1-(2,3-dihydro-1H-inden-5-yl)-2-(pyrrolidin-1-yl)hexan-1-one and 2,4-dimethylisocathinone". Forensic Toxicol. 37 (2): 288–307. doi:10.1007/s11419-018-00463-w.
- Killeen, N., McNamara, S., Stokes, S, & Keenan, E (2022). "Safer Nightlife Programme 2022: Results from ‘back of house’ drug testing", National Social Inclusion Office, Health Service Executive [HSE] of Ireland. ISBN 978-1-898098-08-9
- Wojcieszak, Jakub & Kuczyńska, Katarzyna & Zawilska, Jolanta. (2020). Four Synthetic Cathinones: 3-Chloromethcathinone, 4-Chloromethcathinone, 4-Fluoro-α-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone, and 4-Methoxy-α-Pyrrolidinopentiophenone Produce Changes in the Spontaneous Locomotor Activity and Motor Performance in Mice with Varied Profiles. Neurotoxicity Research. 38. 10.1007/s12640-020-00227-8
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Archived from the original on 1 October 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- Åtta nya ämnen klassas som narkotika, 5 April 2019