|Oral, intranasal, intravenous|
|Synonyms||3-FMC, 3- Fluoromethcathinone|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||181.209 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)|
|(what is this?)|
3-Fluoromethcathinone (also known as 3-FMC is a stimulant of the phenethylamine, amphetamine and cathinone chemical classes that has been sold online as a designer drug. It is a structural isomer of flephedrone (4-fluoromethcathinone).
3-Fluoroisomethcathinone is produced as a by-product when 3-FMC is synthesized, the activity of this compound is unknown.
This chemical's psychoactive effects are yet to be studied scientifically; however, it is suspected to be much like other methcathinones is likely a releaser or reuptake inhibitor of Catecholamines. It is also suspected to lack entactogenic quality.
In the United Kingdom, 3-FMC is a controlled drug under the cathinone blanket ban.
3-FMC is an Anlage II controlled drug in Germany.
3-FMC is banned in the Czech Republic.
- Peter Ondra; Ivo Válka; Radim Knob; Pavlína Ginterová; Vítězslav Maier (October 2015). "Analysis of Amphetamine-Derived Designer Drugs by Gas Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry". Journal of Analytical Toxicology: bkv113. doi:10.1093/jat/bkv113. PMID 26446487.
- Archer RP (March 2009). "Fluoromethcathinone, a new substance of abuse.". Forensic Sci. Int. 185 (1-3): 10–20. doi:10.1016/j.forsciint.2008.11.013. PMID 19195800.
- Two cases of confirmed ingestion of the novel designer compounds: 4-methylmethcathinone (Mephedrone) and 3-fluoromethcathinone Susannah Davies et al.
- Schedules of Controlled Substances: Temporary Placement of 10 Synthetic Cathinones Into Schedule I
- "Látky, o které byl doplněn seznam č. 4 psychotropních látek (příloha č. 4 k nařízení vlády č. 463/2013 Sb.)" (PDF) (in Czech). Ministerstvo zdravotnictví.