3D model (JSmol)
CompTox Dashboard (EPA)
|Molar mass||238.23 g/mol|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
|what is ?)(|
3-Hydroxyflavone is a chemical compound. It is the backbone of all flavonols, a type of flavonoid. It is a synthetic compound, which is not found naturally in plants. It serves as a model molecule as it possesses an excited-state intramolecular proton transfer (ESIPT) effect to serve as a fluorescent probe to study membranes for example or intermembrane proteins. The green tautomer emission (λmax ≈ 524 nm) and blue-violet normal emission (λmax ≈ 400 nm) originate from two different ground state populations of 3HF molecules. The phenomenon also exists in natural flavonols. Although 3-hydroxyflavone is almost insoluble in water, its aqueous solubility (hence bio-availability) can be increased by encapsulation in cyclodextrin cavitiies 
- All-optical switchings of 3-hydroxyflavone in different solvents. Wu Feng, Lin Lie, Li Xiang-Ping, Yu Ya-Xin, Zhang Gui-Lan and Chen Wen-Ju, Chinese Phys. B 17 1461-1466.
- Guharay, Jayanti; Chaudhuri, Rupali; Chakrabarti, Abhijit; Sengupta, Pradeep K. (1997). "Excited state proton transfer fluorescence of 3-hydroxyflavone in model membranes". Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 53: 457–462. doi:10.1016/S1386-1425(96)01825-2. Archived from the original on 2012-09-13.
- Chaudhuri, Sudip; Banerjee, Anwesha; Basu, Kaushik; Sengupta, Bidisa; Sengupta, Pradeep K. (2007). "Interaction of flavonoids with red blood cell membrane lipids and proteins: Antioxidant and antihemolytic effects". International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 41: 42–48. doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2006.12.003.[dead link]
- Sarkar, Munna; Guha Ray, Jayanti; Sengupta, Pradeep K. (1996). "Effect of reverse micelles on the intramolecular excited state proton transfer (ESPT) and dual luminescence behaviour of 3-hydroxyflavone". Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy. 52: 275–278. doi:10.1016/0584-8539(95)01622-8. Archived from the original on 2012-09-12.
- Pahari, Biswapathik; Chakraborty, Sandipan; Sengupta, Pradeep K. (2011). "Encapsulation of 3-hydroxyflavone in γ-cyclodextrin nanocavities: Excited state proton transfer fluorescence and molecular docking studies". Journal of Molecular Structure. 1006: 483–488. doi:10.1016/j.molstruc.2011.09.055.