|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||165.232 g/mol|
|3D model (Jmol)|
|(what is this?)|
meta-Methoxyamphetamine (MMA), also known as 3-methoxyamphetamine (3-MA), is a stimulant drug from the amphetamine family. It has similar effects in animal drug discrimination tests to the more widely known derivative 4-methoxyamphetamine (PMA), although with a slightly different ratio of monoamine release, being a combined serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine releasing agent rather than a fairly selective serotonin releaser like PMA. 3-Methoxyamphetamine has similarly appeared on the illicit market as a designer drug alternative to MDMA, although far more rarely than its infamous positional isomer. It produces gepefrine, a cardiac stimulant, as one of its major metabolites.
- 2-Methoxyamphetamine (OMA)
- 3-Methylamphetamine (3-MA)
- 3-Fluoroamphetamine (3-FA)
- 3-Trifluoromethylamphetamine (Norfenfluramine)
- 3-Methoxy-4-methylamphetamine (MMA)
- 3-Methoxymethamphetamine (MMMA)
- 4-Ethoxyamphetamine (4-ETA)
- GB Patent 1527479 - ACID ADDITION SALTS OF D-(+)-1-(3-HYDROXYPHENYL)-2-AMINOPROPANE AND THEIR MANUFACTURE AND USE
- Glennon, RA; Young, R; Hauck, AE (1985). "Structure-activity studies on methoxy-substituted phenylisopropylamines using drug discrimination methodology". Pharmacology, Biochemistry, and Behavior. 22 (5): 723–9. doi:10.1016/0091-3057(85)90520-9. PMID 3839309.
- Tseng, LF; Menon, MK; Loh, HH (1976). "Comparative actions of monomethoxyamphetamines on the release and uptake of biogenic amines in brain tissue". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 197 (2): 263–71. PMID 1271280.
- Menon, MK; Tseng, LF; Loh, HH (1976). "Pharmacological evidence for the central serotonergic effects of monomethoxyamphetamines". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 197 (2): 272–9. PMID 946817.
- Dal Cason, TA (2001). "A re-examination of the mono-methoxy positional ring isomers of amphetamine, methamphetamine and phenyl-2-propanone". Forensic Science International. 119 (2): 168–94. doi:10.1016/S0379-0738(00)00425-4. PMID 11376983.
- Midha, KK; Cooper, JK; Bailey, K; Hubbard, JW (1981). "The metabolism of 3-methoxyamphetamine in dog, monkey and man". Xenobiotica. 11 (2): 137–46. doi:10.3109/00498258109045284. PMID 6894510.