|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||177.25 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
3-Methylmethcathinone, also known as 3-MMC and 3-mephedrone, is a designer drug from the substituted cathinone family. 3-MMC is closely related in structure to the more common illicit drug mephedrone (4-MMC), and is illegal in most countries that have banned mephedrone as it is a structural isomer of it. However, 3-MMC has still appeared on the recreational drug market as an alternative to mephedrone, and was first identified being sold in Sweden in 2012. Unlike other legal highs 3-MMC was tested and characterized in large mammals, providing much more knowledge about it than is known about other synthetic cathinones.
As of October 2015, 3-MMC is a controlled substance in China.
3-MMC is banned in the Czech Republic.
3-MMC was not banned by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) after a critical review.
- Preedy, Victor. Neuropathology of Drug Addictions and Substance Misuse Volume 2: Stimulants, Club and Dissociative Drugs, Hallucinogens, Steroids, Inhalants and International Aspects (2 ed.). London: KIng's College. ISBN 978-0-12-800212-4.
- EMCDDA 2012 Annual report on the state of the drugs problem in Europe
- Shimshoni, J. A.; Britzi, M.; Sobol, E.; Willenz, U.; Nutt, D.; Edery, N. (24 March 2015). "3-Methyl-methcathinone: Pharmacokinetic profile evaluation in pigs in relation to pharmacodynamics". Journal of Psychopharmacology. 29 (6): 734–743. doi:10.1177/0269881115576687.
- "关于印发《非药用类麻醉药品和精神药品列管办法》的通知" (in Chinese). China Food and Drug Administration. 27 September 2015. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "Látky, o které byl doplněn seznam č. 4 psychotropních látek (příloha č. 4 k nařízení vlády č. 463/2013 Sb.)" (PDF) (in Czech). Ministerstvo zdravotnictví.
- "Extract from the Report of the 38 th Expert Committee on Drug Dependence, convened from 14 to 18 November 2016, at WHO headquarters in Geneva" (PDF). Commission on Narcotic Drugs. Retrieved 7 December 2016.
|This drug article relating to the nervous system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|