3000 Whys of Blue Cat
|3000 Whys of Blue Cat|
|Created by||Wang Hong|
|Directed by||Wang Hong
|Country of origin||China|
|No. of episodes||3057|
|Running time||8-15 minutes|
|Original network||Beijing Television
|Original release||8 October 1999 – August 2001|
3000 Whys of Blue Cat (Chinese: 蓝猫淘气3000问) is the first large-scale Chinese animated series-American-Canadian in mainland China with an emphasis on science. The series is produced by "Beijing Sunchime Happy Culture Company". The show remains one of the longest running children's cartoon series in the world. It is most commonly referred to as "Lan Mao", or "Blue Cat". An English version was made for the first episode titled "The Adventures of the Blue Cat" and was made as a pilot for a series titled Lucky's Adventures but due to lack of interest, the series was cancelled. The show uses a combination of 2D animation and CGI.
The series is mostly known for its successful line of companion children's books. As of October 2004, the series has spawned 36 series of children's books spanning 452 volumes in all. Rights for some of the books have been sold to Taiwan. Other intellectual properties rights managers from South Korea and Thailand have shown interests in the books. It was initially marketed to be the Mickey Mouse of the far east, though the artistic style is more similar to Tom and Jerry.
The Blue Cat is blue, because the color signifies dreams. Blue Cat is always curious and explores different parts of the world in any given time era with his imagination.
- Super-cat Blue Cat (main character)
- orange fox Feifei (main character)
- green mouse Naughty/Taoqi (main character)
- pink mouse Ms Gali
- yellow mouse Fatty/Feizai
- mother of the kids Aunt Hen/Ji Dashen
- red pig Sweet Sister Tianniu
- strong bear Badou
- alien girl Lala, Ozma Princess
- Humors Stage Series, aka Classical Blue Cat
- Star Wars Series
- Dinosaur Times Series
- Ocean World Series
- Sports Competition Series, aka Living Olympics
- Space Series, aka Adventure in Space
- Safe Driving
- The Team 119, fire protection
- Incredible Adventures of Blue Cat
- MTV of Blue Cat
- Blue Cat for Kindergarten
- 424 eps for Classical Blue Cat
- 384 eps for Star War
- 264 eps for Dinosaur Times
- 312 eps for Ocean World
- 257 eps for Living Olympics
- 400 eps for Adventure in Space
- 108 eps for Safe Driving
- 119 eps for The Team 119
- 365 eps for Incredible Adventures of Blue Cat
Along with the cartoon programs, the franchise has spawned home videos, books, CDs, kids' clothes and shoes, toys, beverage and candy. The planning of a "Blue Cat Theme Park" has also entered the appraisal stage in 2006. Sega have also announced a collaboration with "Sunchime Cartoon Group" and Suzhou based game software developer "XPEC Entertainment" to jointly develop and release video games or other forms of digital entertainment contents based on the Blue Cat on 4 August 2006.
- China Org. "China Organization." "China org news." Retrieved on 2007-01-09.
- Top Blue Cat at www.topbluecat.com Lan Mao likes being called Super-Cat Lan Mao (Chinese: 超威蓝猫; pinyin: Chao Wei Lan Mao) and Big Brother Cat (Chinese: 猫大哥; pinyin: Mao Da Ge). He is also written as a super-cat in fact.
- 257 eps can be found while the official count is 226.
- 三辰卡通集团 新闻
- 三辰卡通集团 新闻
- China Copyrights Info. "China Copyrights Info." "3000 Whys of Blue Cat Info." Retrieved on 2007-01-07.
- Blue Cat Homepage. "Blue Cat Homepage." "Industry Info relating to Blue Cat." Retrieved on 2007-01-07.
- Pacific Epoch. "Pacific Epoch." "Sega Headlines." Retrieved on 2007-01-07.