The One, Brisbane under construction in June 2020
|Location||300 George Street, Brisbane, Queensland |
|Floor area||68,781 m2 (740,350 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Developer||Shayher Group, Par Jar Group|
|Engineer||Floth Sustainable Building Consultants (HVAC, Electrical, Lifts, Hydraulics, Wet & Dry Fire, ESD)|
Brisbane Quarter (also known as 300 George Street) is a development consisting of three buildings; residential apartments, an office tower and hotel tower, on the old Law Courts site bordered by George, Adelaide and Ann streets and North Quay in Brisbane, Australia.
The proposed development includes:
- The One (Tower 1) 274.3-metre (900 ft), 82-storey residential tower on the corner of North Quay and Adelaide Street. The tower, designed by Zenx Architects, will include 467 apartments. It will become Brisbane's tallest building when completed;
- W Brisbane Hotel (Tower 2) 121.1-metre (397 ft), 34-storey hotel tower on the corner of Ann Street and North Quay. The tower, designed by DBI Architects, is occupied by five-star W Hotels and includes 312 hotel rooms, presidential & executive suites, health spa with pools. W Brisbane opened in June 2018;
- 300 George (Tower 3) 182-metre (597 ft), 41-storey office tower on the corner of George and Ann streets. The tower, designed by Zenx Architects, consists of 58,209m2 of office space.
A retail shopping mall, that will include a master ballroom, conference facilities and retail stores is proposed underneath the towers on the first three floors.
The former Law Courts site was purchased by the Shayher Group, part of the Taiwan-based developer Par Jar Group in May 2013. The development application was lodged with the Brisbane City Council in November and approved in December 2013.
- Tony Moore (5 November 2013). "DA lodged for George Street tower". brisbanetimes. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "300 George Street – Brisbane's Largest Integrated CBD Development". brisbanedevelopment.com. 2 November 2013. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- Kim Stephens (3 December 2013). "Council to give $800m George Street redevelopment the green light". Fairfax Media. Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Brisbane Quarter at 300 George Street Complex – The Skyscraper Center. Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat. Retrieved 18 June 2016
- "Slight Update for 300 George Street & W Hotel DA". Brisbane Development. 9 January 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2017.
- Building at The Skyscraper Center database
- W Brisbane at Starwood Hotels website
- 300 George Street Blogumentary Project
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brisbane Quarter.|
|This article about a building or structure in Queensland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about Brisbane is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|