30th International Istanbul Film Festival
|30th International Istanbul Film Festival|
|Festival date||April 2–17, 2011|
|Istanbul Film Festival|
The 30th International Istanbul Film Festival (Turkish: 30. Uluslararası İstanbul Film Festivali) is a film festival to be held in Istanbul, Turkey, which will run from April 2 to 17, 2011. 232 films will be screened in 21 categories at Atlas, Beyoğlu, Fitaş, Pera Museum Cinema, Nişantaşı CityLife and Kadıköy Rexx.
This edition of the International Istanbul Film Festival, is organized by the Istanbul Foundation for Culture and Arts (İKSV) and accredited by FIAPF, opened with a gala ceremony at the Lütfi Kırdar Congress and Exhibition Hall on April 1, 2010 at which a host of celeberities, including Saadet Işıl Aksoy, Mert Fırat, İzzet Günay, Mehmet Günsür, Semih Kaplanoğlu, Özgü Namal, Türkan Şoray, Hale Soygazi, Yeşim Ustaoğlu and Serra Yılmaz, discussed their memories of the festival accompanied by footage from the festival’s previous editions, including archive street interviews with festival-goers, and the honorary awards were bestowed upon their recipients including Isabelle Huppert whose Copacabana was shown as the opening film of the festival.
British rock band Tindersticks started their Claire Denis Film Scores 1995-2010 international tour on April 11 with a live performance of scores the band made for French auteur Claire Denis. The festival also included a preview of the cinematic content of the 12th Istanbul Biennial was shown in a special selection titled "Untitled (Film)" organised in a special collaboration.
A special anniversary book titled 30: 30 Years from 20 Directors in which 20 directors discuss the role of the festival in their personal histories was published and an exhibition of photos of the contributors by photographer Muhsin Akgün in different spots at the Emek, Atlas, Beyoğlu, Sinepop and Yeşilçam theaters in Beyoğlu was exhibited in the Atlas Arcade. While the 30 Years in Film blog launched in February allowed festival audiences to share their own memories of the festival.
Honorary Cinema Awards
- Turkish actors Metin Akpınar and Zeki Alasya
- Hungarian director Belá Tarr
- French actress Isabelle Huppert
- Turkish director Yusuf Kurçenli
- Turkish director of photography Ertunç Şenkay
- Official website for the festival
- "Istanbul Film Festival gets set for 30th anniversary". Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review. 2011-03-10. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "30th Istanbul Film Festival begins on April 2nd". TRT. 2011-03-17. Retrieved 2011-03-17.
- "Honorary awards to be presented at Istanbul International Film Festival". Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review. 2011-01-12. Retrieved 2011-01-14.
- "Fest to honor Kurçenli, Alasya and Akpınar". Today's Zaman. 2011-01-13. Archived from the original on 19 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-14.
- "Joy of Istanbul Film Festival Begins". TRT. 2011-04-02. Retrieved 2011-04-02.
- "Actors recall memories as İstanbul film festival unrolls 30th year". Today's Zaman. 2011-04-04. Retrieved 2011-04-04.
- "Istanbul Film Festival kicks off Saturday". Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review. 2011-03-30. Retrieved 2011-03-30.
- "Berlin celebrates upcoming 30th Istanbul Film Festival". Hürriyet Daily News. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-02-12.
- "Turkish cinema promoted in Berlin". Cumhuriyet. 2011-02-15. Retrieved 2011-02-15.