310th Air Refueling Squadron
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|310th Air Refueling Squadron|
Emblem of the 310th Air Refueling Squadron
|Branch||United States Air Force|
|Motto(s)||When - Where - How Much|
The 310th Air Refueling Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the 380th Air Refueling Wing, stationed at Plattsburgh AFB, New York. It was inactivated on 30 September 1995.
The squadron performed air refueling in support of USAF operations on a worldwide basis, flying the KC-97 and KC-135 Stratotanker.
610th Bombardment Squadron
310th Air Refueling Squadron
- Redesignated 310th Expeditionary Air Refueling Flight and converted to provisional status on 29 September 2004
- 400th Bombardment Group: 1 March 1943 - 10 April 1944
- 310th Bombardment Wing: 8 October 1952 (attached to 802d Air Division, March 1954; Eighth Air Force, December 1955-February 1956, November 1957-December 1957, March 1958-July 1958; 6th Strategic Aerospace Wing after April 1965)
- 6th Strategic Aerospace Wing: 25 June 1965
- 380th Strategic Aerospace Wing (later 380th Bombardment Wing, 380th Air Refueling Wing), 25 Jan 1967
- 380th Operations Group: 1 September 1991 – 1 October 1994
- Pyote Army Air Base, Texas, 1 March 1943
- Davis-Monthan Field, Arizona, 11 April 1943
- Pueblo Army Air Base, Colorado, ca. 2 May 1943
- Smoky Hill Army Air Field, Kansas, 31 July 1943
- Alamogordo Army Air Field, New Mexico, 19 September 1943
- Charleston Army Air Base, South Carolina, 15 December 1943 - 10 April 1944
- Smoky Hill Air Force Base(later Schilling Air Force Base), Kansas, 8 Oct 1952
- Walker Air Force Base, New Mexico, 25 June 1965
- Plattsburgh Air Force Base, New York, 25 January 1967 - 1 October 1994
- KC-97F Stratotanker, 1952-1962
- KC-97G Stratotanker, 1952-1963
- KC-135A, Q, R, and T Stratotanker, 1963-1995
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. p. 683. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.
- Department of the Air Force/MPM Letter 662q, 19 Sep 85, Subject: Reconstitution, Redesignation, and Consolidation of Selected Air Force Tactical Squadrons
- Stations from 1943 to 1944 in Maurer, Combat Squadrons, p. 683
- Mueller, Robert (1989). Air Force Bases, Vol. I, Active Air Force Bases Within the United States of America on 17 September 1982 (PDF). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. p. 482. ISBN 0-912799-53-6.
- Maurer, Maurer, ed. (1982) . Combat Squadrons of the Air Force, World War II (PDF) (reprint ed.). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-405-12194-6. LCCN 70605402. OCLC 72556.
- Mueller, Robert (1989). Air Force Bases, Vol. I, Active Air Force Bases Within the United States of America on 17 September 1982 (PDF). Washington, DC: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-912799-53-6.