This article does not cite any sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|326 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||1079|
|Balinese saka calendar||247–248|
|Chinese calendar||乙酉年 (Wood Rooster)|
3022 or 2962
— to —
丙戌年 (Fire Dog)
3023 or 2963
|- Vikram Samvat||382–383|
|- Shaka Samvat||247–248|
|- Kali Yuga||3426–3427|
|Iranian calendar||296 BP – 295 BP|
|Islamic calendar||305 BH – 304 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1586 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||637/638 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||868–869|
452 or 71 or −701
— to —
453 or 72 or −700
Year 326 (CCCXXVI) was a common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Constantinus and Constantinus (or, less frequently, year 1079 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 326 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Emperor Constantine the Great travels to Rome to celebrate the 20th anniversary of his accession to power, but while en route at Pola he orders his older son, Crispus Caesar, to be executed, possibly on charges of adultery. Fausta, second wife of Constantine I, is also executed by being suffocated in a hot bath.
- Constantine I founds Constantinople and incorporates Byzantium into the new capital. He reorganises the Roman army in smaller units classified into three grades: palatini, (imperial escort armies); comitatenses, (forces based in frontier provinces) and limitanei (auxilia border troops).
- Constantine I promulgates laws against the prostitution of maidservants, and for the humanization of prisons.
- Constantine the Great, from the Basilica of Maxentius and Constantine, Rome, is finished. It is now kept at Palazzo dei Conservatori, Rome.
- September 14 (traditional date) – Helena, mother of Constantine I, discovers the so-called True Cross and the Holy Sepulchre (Jesus's tomb) in Jerusalem. On her pilgrimage, she pauses on the Aegean island of Patmos, where she is said to found the church of Panagia Ekatontapiliani.
- Helena tells Constantine that he must atone for executing his son and wife by building churches, and at about this date construction begins on Old St. Peter's Basilica, the first church on the traditional site of Saint Peter's tomb in Rome, and on the basilica of Golgotha on Calvary outside Jerusalem.
- Probable date – Christianity is introduced to the Kingdom of Iberia (modern-day Georgia) by Saint Nino.
- Constantius Gallus, Caesar and son of Julius Constantius (d. 354)
- Murong Chui, general and founder of Later Yan (d. 396)
- Alexander, Patriarch of Alexandria
- Crispus, son of Constantine I (executed)
- Fausta, second wife of Constantine I (executed)
- Empress Liu
326 is also the name of an underground hip hop movement out of Southern California established in 1994 by a wild pack of multicultural high school kids to have an alternative route to the mass' of racially segregated social groups.These Afro American,Asian,Caucasian,& Hispanic kids broke the mold out of the stereo typical segregated ethnic groups that were predominate of Americas youth at the time.They all shared similar interest in the early blooming days of the Hip Hop Culture & dedicated themselves to the movement by competing in all 4 elements.The multicultural group branched out naturally not by race but by there interests of the 4 different elements of Hip Hop still linked by the 326 crue brand AKA The Down By Nature Crue or DBN(326). Artistic & Musical expression brought youth of all different races together at a time when a lot of racism was relevant. Divided by the segregated communities,gangs,sports,& local hang outs .These differences built a lot of racial tension & violence. 326 naturally organized into a hip hop family that offered a new lane for "anybody" into The Hip Hop Culture in that place in time.