32nd Berlin International Film Festival
|Location||West Berlin, Germany|
|Awards||Golden Bear (Veronika Voss)|
|No. of films||300 films|
|Festival date||12–23 February 1982|
A new section was introduced at the festival by Manfred Salzgeber, which was renamed Panorama in 1986. The retrospective dedicated to German film director Curtis Bernhardt titled Insurrection of Emotions along with East German children’s films were shown at the festival.
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
- Joan Fontaine (Head of the Jury)
- Vladimir Baskakov
- Brigitte Fossey
- Joe Hembus
- László Lugossy
- Gian Luigi Rondi
- Helma Sanders-Brahms
- Mrinal Sen
- David Stratton
Films in competition
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear: Veronika Voss by Rainer Werner Fassbinder
- Silver Bear – Special Jury Prize: Dreszcze by Wojciech Marczewski
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Mario Monicelli for Il Marchese del Grillo
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Katrin Saß for Bürgschaft für ein Jahr
- Silver Bear for Best Actor:
- Silver Bear for an outstanding single achievement: Zoltán Fábri for Requiem
- Honourable Mention:
- Golden Bear – Honorary Award: James Stewart
- FIPRESCI Award
- "PROGRAMME 1982". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "32nd Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 26 August 2010. Retrieved 1 September 2010.
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1982". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "PANORAMA". Retrieved 25 June 2014.
- "RETROSPECTIVE". Archived from the original on 4 March 2017. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "JURIES 1982". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.