33rd Berlin International Film Festival
|Awards||Golden Bear (Ascendancy and La colmena)|
|No. of films||330 films|
|Festival date||18 February – 1 March 1983|
The Golden Bear was awarded to the British film Ascendancy directed by Edward Bennett and Spanish film La colmena directed by Mario Camus. The retrospective titled Exile. Six Actors from Germany was shown at the festival.
The following people were announced as being on the jury for the festival:
- Jeanne Moreau (Head of the Jury)
- Alex Bänninger
- Franco Brusati
- Elem Klimov
- Ursula Ludwig
- Kurt Maetzig
- Joseph L. Mankiewicz
- Franz Seitz
- Huang Zongjiang
Films in competition
† Winner of the main award for best film in its section The opening and closing films are screened during the opening and closing ceremonies respectively.
The following films were shown in the retrospective:
The following prizes were awarded by the Jury:
- Golden Bear:
- Silver Bear – Special Jury Prize: Hakkâri'de Bir Mevsim by Erden Kıral
- Silver Bear for Best Director: Éric Rohmer for Pauline à la plage
- Silver Bear for Best Actress: Yevgeniya Glushenko for Vlyublyon po sobstvennomu zhelaniyu
- Silver Bear for Best Actor: Bruce Dern for That Championship Season
- Silver Bear for an outstanding single achievement: Xaver Schwarzenberger for Der stille Ozean
- Honourable Mention:
- FIPRESCI Award
- "PROGRAMME 1983". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 9 November 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "33rd Berlin International Film Festival". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 28 December 2010. Retrieved 14 November 2010.
- Wolfgang Jacobsen: 50 Jahre Berlinale – Internationale Filmfestspiele Berlin, page 180 – Nicolai, Berlin 2000. ISBN 3-87584-905-1
- "PRIZES & HONOURS 1983". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 15 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "RETROSPECTIVE". Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "JURIES 1983". berlinale.de. Archived from the original on 23 October 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2014.
- "RETROSPECTIVE". Retrieved 27 June 2014.
- "RETROSPECTIVE 1983". Retrieved 27 June 2014.