|Discovered by||Walter Frederick Gale|
|Discovery date||June 7, 1927|
|1927 L1, 1938 L1|
|Orbital characteristics A|
|Epoch||July 1, 1938|
|Semi-major axis||4.94 AU|
|Orbital period||10.99 a|
The second apparition was calculated for 1938, but Gale failed to find it; however, it was recalculated by Leland E. Cunningham who later recovered it for that year.
The 1949 apparition was never detected, and due to unfavourable conditions ever since it has never been recovered and it remains a lost comet.
- "JPL Small-Body Database Browser: 34D/Gale". Jet Propulsion Laboratory. 1938. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- 34D at Kronk's Cometography
- 34D at Kazuo Kinoshita's Comets
- 34D at Seiichi Yoshida's Comet Catalog
- 34D/Gale at the JPL Small-Body Database
|This comet-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|