34th Mechanized Infantry Brigade (Greece)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|34th Mechanized Infantry Brigade "Colonel Dialetis Detachment" 34η Μηχανοκίνητη Ταξιαρχία ""Απόσπασμα Σχου Διαλέτη""|
Emblem of the 34th Mechanized Infantry Brigade
|Part of||2nd Mechanized Infantry Division|
|Garrison/HQ||Assiros, Central Macedonia|
|Motto(s)||Be invincible (Ανίκητος εί)|
The 34th Mechanized Infantry Brigade (Greek: 34η Μηχανοποιημένη Ταξιαρχία Πεζικού,34η Μηχανοκίνητη Ταξιαρχία ""Απόσπασμα Σχου Διαλέτη" 34η M/K ΤΑΞ) is a mechanized infantry brigade of the Hellenic Army. It is hadquartered in Assiros and subordinated to the 2nd Mechanized Infantry Division.
The regiment distinguished itself in the Asia Minor Campaign and the Greco-Italian War, becoming one of a handful of units to receive twice the highest Greek award for valour, the Commander's Cross of the Cross of Valour. From June 1999 to January 2003, the brigade formed the bulk of the Greek element of KFOR. In June 2003, the brigade moved its base to Giannitsa.
In 2008, it received the honorary title "Colonel Dialetis Detachment" ("Απόσπασμα Σχου Διαλέτη") to commemorate the bravery of the 34th Regiment under Colonel Dimosthenis Dialetis in the aftermath of the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922.
As of 2011 the brigade is based at Assiros.
- HQ Company (ΙΣΤ)
- 34th Armored Battalion (34 ΕΜΑ)
- 501st Mechanized Infantry Battalion (501 M/K ΤΠ)
- 507th Mechanized Infantry Battalion (507 M/K ΤΠ)
- 108th Self Propelled Artillery Battalion (108 Μ Α/K ΠΒ)
- 34th Antitank Company (34 ΛΑΤ)
- 34th Engineer Company (34 ΛΜΧ)
- 34th Signal Company (34 ΛΔΒ)
- 34th Support Battalion (34 ΤΥΠ)
- Ενημερωτικός οδηγός νεοτοποθετημένων στελεχών στο ΣΤΡ 34 Μ/Κ ΤΑΞ (PDF) (in Greek). 34th Mechanized Infantry Brigade, Personnel Directorate. 2008. p. 8. Archived from the original (PDF) on 18 November 2011. Retrieved 14 January 2013.