Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Cardinal||three hundred sixty|
(three hundred sixtieth)
|Factorization||23× 32× 5|
|Divisors||1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20, 24, 30, 36, 40, 45, 60, 72, 90, 120, 180, 360|
- The divisors of 360 are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, 15, 18, 20, 24, 30, 36, 40, 45, 60, 72, 90, 120, 180 and 360, making a total of 24 divisors.
- 360 is a highly composite number. Not only is 360 highly composite, but it is also one of only 7 numbers such that no number less than twice as much has more divisors; the others are 1, 2, 6, 12, 60, and 2520. (sequence A072938 in the OEIS). 360 is also a superior highly composite number, a colossally abundant number, a refactorable number and a 5-smooth number.
- 360 is the smallest number divisible by every natural number from 1 to 10 except 7.
- One of 360's divisors is 72, which is the number of primes below it.
- The sum of Euler's totient function φ(x) over the first thirty-four integers is 360.
- A circle is divided into 360 degrees for the purpose of angular measurement. 360° = 2 π rad is also called a round angle. This choice of unit allows round angle to be divided into equal sectors measured in integer degrees rather than fractional degrees. Many angles commonly appearing in planimetrics have integer number of degrees.
- 360 is the sum of two twin primes (179 + 181).
In other fields
- The term "360" (assumed 360°, see above) refers to a trick in certain sports such as Freestyle skiing, Motorcycle stunt riding, ice dancing, skateboarding, BMX, and acrobatics, where the athlete rotates in the air a full 360 degrees.
- A year is very roughly calculated as 360 days; see 360-day calendar.
- "360" is shorthand for panoramic photographs and virtual reality worlds, since it is the degree measurement of a circle.
- 360 is a telephone area code for most of Western Washington state (includes Bellingham, Aberdeen, Olympia, but excludes Seattle area, which is area code 206).
- 360 is the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services I-form Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant.
- 360 was an important series of mainframe computers built by IBM.
- 360 is a famous model of electric guitar built by Rickenbacker Corporation.
- In Islamic history, 360 are the number of idols inside the Kaaba, destroyed by The Prophet Muhammad
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Wells, D. (1987). The Penguin Dictionary of Curious and Interesting Numbers (p. 152). London: Penguin Group.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 360 (number).|