View from ACC garage on 12th Street
|Location||360 Nueces Street|
|Construction started||June 20, 2006|
|Opening||May 22, 2008|
|Antenna spire||581 ft (177 m)|
|Roof||472 ft (144 m)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Preston Partnership LLC|
|Developer||Billy Holley and Judd Bobilin of Novare Group; Andrews Urban LLC|
|Structural engineer||Echelon Engineering LLC|
|Main contractor||J.E. Dunn Construction|
The 360 Residential Condominiums skyscraper is located in Downtown Austin, Texas at 360 Nueces Street. The building itself stands 581 ft (177 m) tall with 44 floors, 430 condos, and over 14,000 sq ft (1,300 m2) of retail space. The building topped out in November 2007, and construction was officially completed on May 22, 2008. 360 Condominiums was the tallest building in Austin from January 15, 2008 to June 29, 2009 when The Austonian surpassed it. The tower also became the tallest residential tower in Texas, surpassing The Merc in Dallas before the Austonian also took that title. Currently, it is the second tallest building in Austin after The Austonian, but will soon be surpassed by The Independent and the Fairmont Austin in which the later is currently under construction and will be complete by 2017.
The Austin 360 Condominiums Tower was developed by Billy Holley and Judd Bobilin of Novare Group and Andrews Urban LLC, designed by Preston Partnership LLC, sales managed by Kevin McDaniel and built by JE Dunn Construction.
The building was first proposed by the Atlanta, Georgia-based Novare Group and Austin based Andrews Urban LLC in 2006 as a 520 ft (158 m) 40 storied tower. However, as an attempt to increase units, more floors were added. Construction began on June 20, 2006 after the plan was approved. Floors were added at a fairly steady pace from the first to sixteenth floors, when the terrace level was reached on April 20, 2007, nearly a year after construction started. Activity slowed, but then quickened after the setback floor was finished. Spire assembly started on November 14 and was affixed in position 6 days later. This made the tower officially taller than its predecessor, the Frost Bank Tower. The building was finally complete in 2008. After nearly 2 years of construction, 360 Condominiums opened on May 23, 2008.
As with most other condominiums, 360 Condominiums contains many amenities, located within the tower and the terrace located 174 ft (53 m) above the ground. Amenities include a swimming pool, a sundeck, theater, and clubroom.
- "360 Grand Opening". Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- Official Site
- "360 Condominiums". Emporis.com. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
- Lehnhardt, Kevin. "News: Developers plan a 40-story condo tower for downtown". Emporis.com. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "44-story condo project breaks ground downtown". Bizjournals.com. 20 June 2006. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "Skyscraperpage.com | 360 Condominiums – Page 4". Skyscraperpage.com. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "Skyscraperpage.com | 360 Condominiums – Page 9". Skyscraperpage.com. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- Novak, Shonda. "Biggest downtown condo project opens amid a cautious market". Statesman.com. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "360 Condominiums Amenities". 360condominums.com. Retrieved 14 March 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Austin 360 Condominiums Tower.|
Frost Bank Tower
|Tallest Building in Austin