360 Secure Browser
|Initial release||September 2008|
|Available in||Chinese, English|
360 Secure Browser (Chinese: 360安全浏览器) is a web browser developed by the Qihoo company of Beijing, China. It offers page layout using either the Trident engine, as used in Internet Explorer, or the WebKit engine that was adapted for Google Chrome. It was first released in September 2008.
In early 2014 Qihoo released a global version of its web browser.
In January 2011, Qihoo claimed that it was the second most popular web browser in China (after Internet Explorer), with 172 million monthly active users, 44.1% of Internet users in China. Independent sources claim that the true figure is between 2-7%. In November 2014 the Qihoo browser was the 5th most popular browser in the United States. Its main competitors in China are the Sogou High-Speed Browser ( Chinese: 搜狗高速浏览器) by Sogou.com, CM Browser ( Chinese: 猎豹安全浏览器) by Cheetah Mobile, QQ Browser ( Chinese: QQ浏览器) by Tencent, Baidu Browser ( Chinese: 百度浏览器) by Baidu.com and Maxthon .
High usage numbers may be due to the browser being difficult to uninstall and a warning pop-up that appears when a user attempts to install another browser, claiming that the other browser is unsafe and should not be run.
- "Qihoo Formally Launches Web Browser Product In China". ChinaTechNews.com. Asia Media Network. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Gaskins, Francis. "IPO Pick of the Week: Qihoo 360 Tech". Seeking Alpha. Seeking Alpha Ltd. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Amendment No. 2 To Form F-1 Registration Statement". U.S. Securities And Exchange Commission. U.S. Securities And Exchange Commission. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- "Top 6 Desktop, Tablet & Console Browsers in China from Jan 2012 to Jan 2013". StatCounter.com. StatCounter. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Bott, Ed. "Weird science: How shaky web usage reports distort our view of tech markets". ZDnet. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Millward, Steven. "9 Evil Tactics Used by 360 Safe Browser to Beat IE in China". Tech in Asia. Tech in Asia. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
- Pierce, Doug. "How Qihoo 360 Won the Browser War in China". Digital Due Diligence. Digital Due Diligence. Retrieved 22 July 2015.
|This article related to a type of software is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|