|369 by topic|
|Ab urbe condita||1122|
|Balinese saka calendar||290–291|
|Chinese calendar||戊辰年 (Earth Dragon)
3065 or 3005
— to —
己巳年 (Earth Snake)
3066 or 3006
|- Vikram Samvat||425–426|
|- Shaka Samvat||290–291|
|- Kali Yuga||3469–3470|
|Iranian calendar||253 BP – 252 BP|
|Islamic calendar||261 BH – 260 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1543 before ROC
|Seleucid era||680/681 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||911–912|
495 or 114 or −658
— to —
496 or 115 or −657
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 369.|
Year 369 (CCCLXIX) was a common year starting on Thursday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Galates and Victor (or, less frequently, year 1122 Ab urbe condita). The denomination 369 for this year has been used since the early medieval period, when the Anno Domini calendar era became the prevalent method in Europe for naming years.
- Spring – Emperor Valens crosses the Danube at Noviodunum (Romania), and attacks the Gothic tribes (Greuthungi and Tervingi). Their king Athanaric is defeated and forced to flee for his life. He sues for peace, concluding a treaty with Valens. The treaty includes free trade and an agreement to provide troops for tribute.
- Fritigern becomes king of the Visigoths; amidst hostilities with his rival Athanaric, he asks Valens and the Thracian field army to intervene. They end the civil war, and Fritigern converts to Christianity.
- Count Theodosius brings Britain fully back to the Empire after the Great Conspiracy of 367.
- Persian king Shapur II occupies the pro-Roman kingdom of Armenia. He besieged Artogerassa in modern Georgia, where Papas (Pap), son of King Arsaces II (Arshak II), defends the fortress and the royal treasure against Persian forces.
- Chinese troops of the Jin Dynasty are defeated by Former Yan of the Xianbei.
- Goguryeo invades Baekje.
Arts and sciences
- Wulfila creates a Gothic alphabet composed of letters based on Greek and Roman letters, as well as some Germanic runes. He converts the Goths to Arian Christianity.
- Supernova SN 386 explodes at about this date.