Thirty-seven is the 12th prime number, a permutable prime with 73 (which is the 21st prime number). 37 is the fifth lucky prime, the first irregular prime, the third unique prime and the third cuban prime of the form
37 is the smallest prime that is not also a supersingular prime.
37 and 38 are the first pair of consecutive positive integers not divisible by any of their digits.
Every positive integer is the sum of at most 37 fifth powers (see Waring's problem).
37 appears in the Padovan sequence, preceded by the terms 16, 21, and 28 (it is the sum of the first two of these).
37 has the property that when its digits are reversed, the resulting number is one less than a multiple of the original number. The only other two digit number in base 10 with this property is 14.
37 is the only two digit number in base 10 with the following property: The difference between the two digits equals the square root of the difference between the number itself and the least common multiple of the two digits.
- Messier object M37, a magnitude 6.0 open cluster in the constellation Auriga
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 37, a spiral galaxy in the constellation Phoenix
- The Saros number of the solar eclipse series which began on -1794 June 25 and ended on -496 August 12. The duration of Saros series 37 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 solar eclipses.
- The Saros number of the lunar eclipse series which began on -1492 April 3 and ended on -194 May 22. The duration of Saros series 37 was 1298.1 years, and it contained 73 lunar eclipses.
- Kepler-37b is the smallest known planet.
The jersey number 37 has been retired by several North American sports teams in honor of past greats:
- In Major League Baseball:
- In the NFL:
In other fields
- The number of plays William Shakespeare is thought to have written (counting Henry IV as three parts).
- The number of the French department Indre-et-Loire
- The number of slots in European Roulette (numbered 0 to 36, the 00 is not used in European roulette as it is in American roulette)
- The number of Great Nats traditionally worshiped in Burma
- Municipal Okrug #37, name of Yugo-Zapad Municipal Okrug of Krasnoselsky District of Saint Petersburg, Russia, before 2009
- +37 was the international dialing code of the German Democratic Republic (aka East Germany). Today the +37 prefix is shared by Lithuania (+370), Latvia (+371), Estonia (+372), Moldova (+373), Armenia (+374), Belarus (+375), Andorra (+376), Monaco (+377), San Marino (+378) and Vatican City (+379).
- A television channel reserved for radio astronomy in the United States
- The number people are most likely to state when asked to give a random number between 0 and 100.
- The inspiration for the album 37 Everywhere by Punchline
- List of highways numbered 37
- Number Thirty-Seven, Pennsylvania, unincorporated community in Cambria County, Pennsylvania
- I37 (disambiguation)
- Spencer, Adam (2004). Adam Spencer's Book of Numbers. New York: Four Walls Eight Windows. p. 61.
- Random numbers
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 37 (number).|