37th Street/USC station
37th Street/USC Station with station signage improvements.
|Location||421 1/2 W 37th St|
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Opened||June 1996; Re-branded as a Metro Silver Line station on December 13, 2009 .|
37th Street/USC is a Metro Silver Line Station on the Harbor Transitway on the Interstate 110 (Harbor Freeway) at its overcrossing of 37th Street close to the University of Southern California. Local buses operate from Figueroa St. & Exposition Blvd. The nearby Jefferson/USC station served by the Metro Expo Line is 1/4 mile block from the station. The station is well utilized by USC students as it provides a close walk to the university campus. There is no direct connection between the Metro Expo Line station and the 37th Street/USC Metro Silver Line Station. It is the northernmost station on the Harbor transitway with buses operating on surface streets into downtown Los Angeles. The station opened on June 1996. The station was re-branded as a station for the Metro Silver Line when the line began service on December 13, 2009. It is currently the only station served by the Metro Silver Line and on the Harbor Transitway to feature a sound wall to reduce noise coming from the freeway.
|■ Silver Line||toward El Monte (Figueroa Way/Adams /23rd Street)|
|■ Silver Line||toward Harbor Gateway Transit Center/Pacific/21st Street (Slauson)|
The station has two side platforms in the median of Interstate 110 (Harbor Freeway) at its overcrossing with 37th Street. Metro Silver Line buses stop at the station on the busway/freeway level which can be accessed by elevators and stairs.Local buses operate from Figueroa St. & Exposition Blvd which is a 1/4 mile walk from the station. As part of the Metro Express Lanes project, the station received some major improvements. The station was upgraded with improved lighting in December 2010. CCTV and next bus trip arrival television screens were added onto the station in December 2012 and the monitors became activated on June 2013. The station is also equipped with sound walls to reduce noise levels due to the freeway traffic.
Metro Silver Line stop on the busway/freeway level of the station. The Metro Silver Line operates from 4:15 AM until 1:45 AM Monday- Friday & 5:00 A.M.- 1:45 A.M. Saturdays/ Sundays & Holidays.
- Other transitway services
These services stop on the same level as the Metro Silver Line (busway/freeway level).
- Metro Express: 460
- Torrance Transit: 4 (Weekday peak a.m. northbound and weekday peak p.m. southbound only)
- LADOT Commuter Express: 438 & 448 (Weekdays Rush Hour AM & PM peak periods only)
- Orange County Transportation Authority: 701 & 721 (Weekdays Rush Hour AM & PM peak periods only)
- Services from Figueroa St. & Exposition Blvd.
- Metro Local: 81, 102, 200
- Metro Express 442 (Weekdays Rush Hour AM northbound only & PM peak southbound only), 550 (Weekdays Rush Hour AM & PM peak periods only)
- USC Shuttle
Nearby Dining and Attractions
- University of Southern California
- Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
- Banc of California Stadium (under construction)
- Lucas Museum of Narrative Art (future)
- Natural History Museum
- California African American Museum
- California Science Center
- Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall
- La Paloma Mercado
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Chick-Fil- A
- Chipotle Mexican Grill
- The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
- Various fantasy restaurants