From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Factorization||2 × 19|
|Divisors||1, 2, 19, 38|
37 and 38 are the first pair of consecutive positive integers not divisible by any of their digits.
38 is the largest even number which cannot be written as the sum of two odd composite numbers.
- The Messier object M38, a magnitude 7.0 open cluster in the constellation Auriga
- The New General Catalogue object NGC 38, a spiral galaxy in the constellation Pisces
In other fields
Thirty-eight is also:
- The 38th parallel north is the pre-Korean War boundary between North Korea and South Korea.
- The number of slots on an American roulette wheel (0, 00, and 1 through 36; European roulette does not use the 00 slot and has only 37 slots)
- The number of games that each team in the current English Premiership, the top division in English Association Football, plays in a season
- The number of games that each team in the current Spanish La Liga, the top division in Spanish Association Football, plays in a season
- Bill C-38 legalized same-sex marriage in Canada
- The number of years it took the Israelites to travel from Kadesh Barnea to the Zered valley in Deuteronomy.
- A "38" is often the name for a snub nose .38 caliber revolver
- The 38 class is the most famous class of steam locomotive used in New South Wales
- The number of the French department Isère
- The number of Bach flower remedies
- The "over-38 rule" is a feature of the NBA salary cap that affects contracts of players who turn 38 during their deals.
- "Sloane's A002982 : Numbers n such that n! - 1 is prime". The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. OEIS Foundation. Retrieved 2016-05-31.
- (sequence A005277 in the OEIS)
- Higgins, Peter (2008). Number Story: From Counting to Cryptography. New York: Copernicus. p. 53. ISBN 978-1-84800-000-1.