38th Yukon general election
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The 38th general election in Yukon, Canada, will take place to return members to the 34th Yukon Legislative Assembly. It will take place in 2016.
The incumbent government is led by Darrell Pasloski.
- August 17, 2012: Darius Elias resigns as interim Liberal leader and sits as an independent.
- July 8, 2013: Darius Elias crosses the floor to the Yukon Party.
- March 1, 2014: Sandy Silver agrees to lead the Liberal Party.
- May 10, 2016: David Laxton stepped down as Speaker and as a member of the Yukon Party caucus to sit as an Independent MLA due to personal reasons.  It would later come out that the resignation was due to an allegation of sexual harassment leveled at Laxton. 
|Polling Firm||Date of Polling||Link||Yukon Party||New Democratic||Liberal||Green||Undecided|
|Mainstreet Technologies||February 3rd, 2016||||6||11||22||--||61|
|DataPath Systems||December, 2015||||20||28||32||--||19|
|2011 election||October 11, 2011||40.5||32.6||25.3||0.66|
- "Old Crow MLA quits Liberal Party". CBC News. August 18, 2012. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "Elias joins the Yukon Party". Yukon News. July 8, 2013. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "Sandy Silver named new Yukon Liberal Party leader". CBC News. February 11, 2014. Retrieved 2016-05-06.
- "N.S. native to head Yukon Liberals". The Chronicle Herald. February 13, 2014. Retrieved 2016-05-06.