395th Bombardment Group
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|395th Bombardment Group|
|Branch||United States Army Air Forces|
The 395th Bombardment Group is an inactive United States Air Force unit. It was last assigned to the Second Air Force, being stationed at Ardmore Army Air Field, Oklahoma. It was inactivated on 1 April 1944.
Activated during World War II as a B-17 Flying Fortress operational training unit (OTU). Redesignated as a replacement training unit (RTU) in October 1943. Inactivated in April 1944 when Second Air Force switched to B-29 Superfortress training.
- Constituted as 395th Bombardment Group (Heavy) on 29 January 1943
- Activated on 16 February 1943.
- Inactivated on 1 April 1944
- II Bomber Command, 1 February 1943 – 1 April 1944
- 588th Bombardment Squadron: 16 February 1943 – 1 April 1944
- 589th Bombardment Squadron: 16 February 1943 – 1 April 1944
- 590th Bombardment Squadron: 16 February 1943 – 1 April 1944
- 591st Bombardment Squadron: 16 February 1943 – 1 April 1944
- Ephrata Army Air Base, Washington, 16 February 1943
- Ardmore Army Air Field, Oklahoma, 25 October 1943 – 1 April 1944.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.