Screenshot of 3D-Coat
4.7 / July 2016
|Operating system||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS X, Linux|
|Type||3D computer graphics|
3D-Coat is a commercial digital sculpting program from Pilgway designed to create free-form organic and hard surfaced 3D models from scratch, with tools which enable users to sculpt, add polygonal topology (automatically or manually), create UV maps (automatically or manually), texture the resulting models with natural painting tools, and render static images or animated "turntable" movies.
3D-Coat is the one application that has all the tools you need to take your 3D idea from a block of digital clay all the way to a production ready, fully textured organic or hard surface model. Today 3D-Coat is available to learn at 170+ Universities and schools worldwide.
The program can also be used to modify imported 3D models from a number of commercial 3D software products by means of plugins called Applinks. Imported models can be converted into voxel objects for further refinement and for adding high resolution detail, complete UV unwrapping and mapping, as well as adding textures for displacement, bump maps, specular and diffuse color maps. A live connection to a chosen external 3D application can be established through the Applink pipeline, allowing for the transfer of model and texture information.
In the latest release, users can increase their productivity by using Auto-retopology, a proprietary skinning algorithm. With minimal input from the user, this technology generates an accurate and functional polygonal mesh skin over any voxel sculpture, (composed primarily of quadrangles), which is the standard that is widely used in 3D production studios. Normally, this kind of polygonal topology must be painstakingly produced by hand.
Easy Texturing & PBR
- Microvertex, Per-pixel or Ptex painting approaches
- Realtime Physically Based Rendering viewport with HDRL
- Smart Materials with easy set-up options
- Multiple paint Layers. Popular blending modes. Layer groups
- Tight interaction with Photoshop
- Texture size up to 16k
- Fast Ambient Occlusion and Curvature map calculation
- Rich toolset for all kind of painting tasks, and more...
Voxel (volumetric) sculpting key features:
- No topological constraints. Sculpt as you would with Clay
- Complex boolean operations. Fast kit bashing workflow
Traditional sculpting offers you such powerful technology as:
- Adaptive dynamic tesselation (Live Clay)
- Dozens of fast and fluid sculpting brushes
- Boolean operations with crisp edges
3D Printing Export Wizard. See more...
Ultimate Retopo Tools
- Auto-retopology (AUTOPO) with user-defined edge loops
- Fast and easy-to-use manual Retopo tools
- Possibility to import reference mesh for retopologization
- Use your current low-poly mesh as your retopo mesh
- Retopo groups with color palette for better management
- Advanced baking settings dialog
Fast & Friendly UV Mapping
- Professional toolset for creating and editing UV-sets
- Native Global Uniform (GU) unwrapping algorithm
- Multiple UV-sets support and management
- Support ABF, LSCM, and Planar unwrapping algorithms
- Individual islands tweaking
- Lastly, it is fast, easy, and fun to use.
- Applinks - 3D-Coat.com
- Dynamic Patch Tessellation, Gamedev.net wiki
- Auto-retopology with accurate edgeloops, Youtube.com
Cite error: A list-defined reference named "CGenie1" is not used in the content (see the help page).
Cite error: A list-defined reference named "3DWorld2" is not used in the content (see the help page).
|This graphics software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|