3DXML is a proprietary 3D file format developed by Dassault Systemes under its 3DVIA Brand. It uses an XML container whose specifications were published. It should not be confused with X3D, the ISO standard XML-based file format for representing 3D computer graphics.
Up to this date the 3DXML format is only supported by Dassault Systèmes product line. The 3D XML Player is a standalone application that allows you to view 3D XML files on Windows. The 3DVIA Player, a free player available on the Windows platform (OSX No longer supported), allows to view 3D XML files in a web browser, offline or online.
Dassault Systèmes provides a yearly royalty free license to anyone requesting the 3DXML format documentation. This license however only permits internal works.
- Official 3DXML License: DSA Grants you a royaltee-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable and temporary license to use and copy the materials in accordance with this Agreement for your own internal business purposes.
- Official website[dead link]
- C++ Data Binding for 3DXML
- 3DXML collaborative warehouse
- GLC_Player the Open source 3DXML (ASCII) Viewer
|This markup language article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|