3D FRIENDS performing at MR Fest 2014 in San Marcos, TX
|Also known as||Dan C. Wright|
|Born||July 2, 1989|
Houston, Texas, U.S.
Los Angeles, California
|Genres||Indie rock, Dream pop, Ambient, Chillwave|
|Members||Daniel Chavez Wright|
3D Friends (stylized as 3D FRIENDS) is an American indie rock band from Austin, Texas. It was formed in 2009 as a solo project of singer-songwriter Daniel Chavez Wright. Wright is currently signed to Hype Music, a collaboration between Extreme Music and MTV.
Dan C. Wright's single Lina Magic was chosen as the theme song for MTV's North American version of the hit television show Skins. His music has also been featured in many other MTV productions, notably the World of Jenks, Underemployed, The Pauly D Project, and Punk'd, in addition to ABC's Revenge and Bravo's Gallery Girls.
Dan C. Wright's music style been compared to singer-songwriter Elliott Smith and Thomas Mars from the French alternative band Phoenix by the American radio journalist Nic Harcourt. He lists his influences as Destroyer and The Radio Dept..
- Imaginative Things (2011)
- Time to Get Away (2010)
- The Way That It Goes (2011)
- Summer Break (2014)
- "Rockwild Radio Profiles Presents an Exclusive Interview with Dan C. Wright of 3D Friends and Cuts from Their New EP Summer Break". Rockwired Magazine. May 16, 2014. Retrieved 18 May 2014.
- "3D FRIENDS". Hype Music. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "3D Friends". MTV Artists. MTV. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "The Pauly D Project". MTV Soundtrack. MTV. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "3D FRIENDS". ReverbNation. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "Nic Harcourt feels the pulse behind 3D Friends". Hype Music. Archived from the original on 30 December 2013. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- Mcquiston, James (May 16, 2014). "3D Friends Summer Break EP". NeuFutur Magazine. Retrieved 16 May 2014.