3D Ultra Minigolf
|3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures|
|Release||April 18, 2007|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
3D Ultra Minigolf is a series of arcade-style miniature golf titles. 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures and its sequel, 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 were developed by Wanako Studios. 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures has been released for Windows, Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3. The sequel was released for Xbox 360 and Playstation 3.
3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures
3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures was originally created in 2000, as a sequel to 3D Ultra Minigolf Deluxe, titled Mini Golf Maniacs for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 2, which also was made by Sierra Online. In 2001, the Dynamix game division in charge of making the game was shut down by parent company Sierra Online. The game, while nearly finished, went unreleased for five years until Wanako Studios completed development of the game in 2006. The majority of the original game still exists in Minigolf Adventures, with graphical tweaks to the existing holes, replacement of the original animal characters with human players, and other hole additions. Original in-game photos from Minigolf Maniacs, which are the base of Minigolf Adventures can be found here.
3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures was billed by Microsoft for 9.00 USD as the first outdoor sports game on Xbox LIVE Arcade and showcased the game at the 2007 Game Developers Conference. On July 25, 2007, the Lost Island expansion pack was released for Xbox Live, adding another eighteen-hole course. Sales at the end of 2011 were approximately 34,000 units.
Official Xbox Magazine gave the game a 7/10.
3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2
3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 was produced by Artificial Mind and Movement Inc. and released by Konami Digital Entertainment. The game was developed by Wanako Games. The game features over 50 minigolf holes for up to four players to complete.
The Daily Herald states that 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 was released in September 2010 for Xbox and PS3. However, Playstation Network version of the game says it was released on November 16, 2010.
- "3D Ultra™ Minigolf Adventures". Steam. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Microsoft Gears Up with 512MB Memory Unit for Xbox 360 and Increased Xbox LIVE Arcade Game Size Limit". Wireless News. March 6, 2007. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Expansion - 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures: Lost Island". Xbox Marketplace. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- Langley, Ryan (January 20, 2012). "Xbox Live Arcade by the numbers - the 2011 year in review". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2012-01-23.
- "3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures 2". Playstation. Retrieved 27 August 2014.
- "Video Game Releases". Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL). September 24, 2010. Retrieved 27 August 2014.