|Original author(s)||TV3 Group|
|Initial release||8 October 2011|
|Operating system||available for:
Windows (XP and Vista)
Mac OS X
|Type||Video On Demand|
3player is an on demand video service provided by Ireland's TV3, for programmes broadcast on both TV3 and 3e. 3player is available to audiences in the Republic of Ireland. The service was launched on Saturday 8 October 2011. The service replaced TV3 Catch-Up.
3player is a free online catch-up service which lets viewers watch a variety of programmes for up to 28 days after they are broadcast on TV3 and 3e. Most programmes are available for 28 days from the day they were broadcast. Due to programme rights restrictions however other programmes, mainly ITV productions are only available for 7 days. The majority of TV3 and 3e's broadcasts are available on the service. Both channels are also available live as they broadcast on this service.
As of May 2013, 3player users are now asked to register their details. TV3 Group is encouraging users of its 3player catch-up service to register as part of a push to gather more information on its online audience. The change is part of a broader reconfiguration of its website that sees the introduction of new hourly online news bulletins from today. Registered 3player users will be able to create playlists of their favourite shows and use their logins to pick up where they left off across all devices.
The service utilises HTML5. This allows viewers to access the 3 player regardless of their operating system.
The service is available to those resident in the Republic of Ireland. The service is available on PCs and Mac format desktop and laptop devices. It is also available via Sony Bravia internet enabled TVs and certain Sony Blu-ray players. It became available on PS3 on 22 December 2011.
3player is available to Sky+HD Customers that are connected to On Demand with a broadband connection since 15 January 2014. 
- TV3 unveils new HTML5 ‘3 Player’ that plays on any device. silicorepublic. Retrieved 29 July 2013
- Taylor, Charlie. "Irish Times - Login required". The Irish Times.
- TV3 Launch Their New 3player. Mindshare Ireland. Retrieved 29 July 2013
- TV3 seeks registrations on 3player. Irish Times. Retrieved 29 July 2013
- "UPC unveils On Demand TV for Ireland" (PDF). UPC Ireland. 22 May 2012.
- "Sky Rolls out Largest Catch-Up Service in Ireland". TV3 (Ireland). 12 January 2014.
- "3player to be made available on Xbox Live". 2 April 2014.
- "3Player and MLG.TV launches for Xbox One owners in Ireland". 24 February 2015.