3 Count Bout
|3 Count Bout|
North American Arcade flyer with art by Shinkiro
HAMSTER Corporation (PS4/Switch/Xbox One)
|Mode(s)||Single-player, co-op, multiplayer (up to two players)|
|Arcade system||Neo Geo MVS|
|CPU||M68000 (@ 12 MHz),|
Z80A (@ 4 MHz)
|Sound||YM2610 (@ 8 MHz)|
|Display||Raster, 320 × 224 pixels (Horizontal), 4096 colors|
The game consists of 5 championships with their own stages. The first stage type is a wrestling ring where the opponents can bounce from the edges and can be out of bounds. The second stage type is street wrestling, where there are objects to destroy and weapons to wield. The last stage is the electricity stage where the borders are harmful and weapons are used. Press the A button to punch. Press the B button to kick. Press the C button to jump. Press the A and B buttons simultaneously for a quick moving retreat. Pull the joystick twice in a direction to rush that way. If the player rushes in the direction of a boxing ring edge, they can bounce back. If the player is down, repeatedly press the A button and pull the joystick left and right to get up. Press the C button to body drop on a downed opponent. Press the A button many times rapidly to use a special attack. Press Button A or B on a downed opponent to grab and wrestle. When the player and opponent clash in a wrestle, press the A and B buttons as fast as possible to push back. Press Button D to pin down a downed opponent and hold him for 3 seconds to win. Alternatively, some fighters have holds which can force an opponent with low stamina to submit.
In Japan, Game Machine listed 3 Count Bout on their May 1, 1993 issue as being the tenth most-successful table arcade unit of the year, outperforming titles such as Street Fighter II: Champion Edition. On release, Famicom Tsūshin scored the Neo Geo version of the game a 24 out of 40.
- "SNK NeoGeo MVS Hardware (SNK)". system16.com. Archived from the original on 2019-01-13. Retrieved 2019-06-02.
- "Oh! Neo Geo Vol. 9 - ファイヤー•スープレックス". Beep! MegaDrive (in Japanese). No. 44. SoftBank Creative. May 1993. p. 142.
- "Three Count Bout FAQ". Archived from the original on 2010-11-27. Retrieved 2010-12-29.
- Biondich, Paul (1998). "3 Count Bout (Arcade) - Review". AllGame. All Media Network. Archived from the original on 14 November 2014. Retrieved 8 February 2020.
- Knight, Kyle (1998). "3 Count Bout (Neo Geo Advanced Entertainment System) - Review". AllGame. All Media Network. Archived from the original on 15 November 2014. Retrieved 8 February 2020.
- "NEO GEO GAMES CROSS REVIEW: ファイヤー・スープレックス". Famitsu (in Japanese). No. 332. ASCII. April 28, 1995. p. 27.
- Halverson, Dave; Sgt. Gamer; Stratton, Tom; Cockburn, Andrew (July 1993). "Viewpoint - Neo Geo - 3 Count Bout". GameFan. Vol. 1 no. 8. DieHard Gamers Club. p. 11.
- Larry, Scary (August 1993). "Neo•Geo ProReview: 3 Count Bout". GamePro. No. 49. IDG. p. 96.
- Rosa, Piemarco (October 1993). "3 Count Bout (Neo Geo)". Consolemania (in Italian). No. 23. Xenia Edizioni. p. 76.
- Menier, Marc; Jovanovic, Jean-Loup (June 1993). "Neo Geo Review - 3 Count Bout". Consoles + (in French). No. 21. M.E.R.7. pp. 96–98.
- Lowe, Andy (July 1993). "Reviews - Neo Geo - 3 Count Bout". GamesMaster. No. 7. Future Publishing. p. 72.
- del Campo, Manuel (June 1993). "Lo Más Nuevo – Neo Geo: 3 Count Bout – Furia De Titanes". Hobby Consolas (in Spanish). No. 21. Hobby Press. pp. 126–131.
- Nini, Nourdine; Morisse, Jean-François (June 1993). "Neo Geo: Je Compte Jusqu'a 3!... – 3 Count Bout". Joypad (in French). No. 21. Yellow Media. pp. 154–155.
- Noak, Philipp; Schneider, Ulf (June 1993). "Test Neo Geo: 3 Count Bout". Mega Fun (in German). No. 9. CT Computec Verlag GmbH & Co. KG. p. 98. Archived from the original on 2017-12-06. Retrieved 2020-02-08.
- Noak, Philipp; Hellert, Stefan (August 1993). "Special - Neo Geo - 3 Count Bout". Mega Fun (in German). No. 11. CT Computec Verlag GmbH & Co. KG. pp. 28–30. Archived from the original on 2018-10-21. Retrieved 2020-02-08.
- Thielen, Armin (July 1993). "Neo Geo - 3 Count Bout". Play Time (in German). No. 25. CT Computec Verlag GmbH & Co. KG. p. 128.
- Delpierre, Christophe (June–July 1993). "Tests De Jeux: Neo Geo – 3 Count Bout". Player One (in French). No. 32. Média Système Édition. pp. 66–67.
- "Review – 3 Count Bout – Neo Geo". Power Unlimited (in Dutch). No. 2. VNU Media. September 1993.
- Bieniek, Chris (July 1993). "Video-Game Reviews - 3 Count Bout (SNK) For the Neo•Geo". VideoGames & Computer Entertainment. No. 54. L.F.P., Inc. p. 58.
- "Game Machine's Best Hit Games 25 - テーブル型TVゲーム機 (Table Videos)". Game Machine (in Japanese). No. 448. Amusement Press, Inc. 1 May 1993. p. 25.
- "En Portada - Cuando La Acción No Conoce Límites: 3 Count Bout (Neo Geo) - Emociones fuertes". Hobby Consolas (in Spanish). No. 22. Hobby Press. July 1993. p. 26.
- "Warpzone – Neo Geo: 3 Count Bout". Video Games (in German). No. 19. Future-Verlag. July 1993. pp. 26–27.
- 3 Count Bout at GameFAQs
- 3 Count Bout at Giant Bomb
- 3 Count Bout at Killer List of Videogames
- 3 Count Bout at MobyGames
- 3 Count Bout playable at the Internet Archive
|This arcade game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|