|Directed by||Arjun Mukerjee|
|Produced by||Ritesh Sidhwani|
|Screenplay by||Althea Delmas Kaushal|
|Music by||Clinton Cerejo|
|Edited by||Arindam Ghatak|
3 Storeys is a 2018 Hindi thriller drama film directed by Arjun Mukerjee starring Richa Chadda, Sharman Joshi, Pulkit Samrat, Masumeh Makhija, Renuka Shahane, Sonal Jha, Aisha Ahmed, Ankit Rathi and produced by Priya Sreedharan, Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar. The film was released on 9 March 2018.
Mayanagar is three Storey Chawl in Mumbai.Flory Mendonca a Catholic widow wants to give away a part of her house but doesn't have buyers due to its high price finally Vilas who is eager to take a house near station buys it. Whereas in the same building, Varsha is facing daily abuse from her unemployed and alcoholic husband. And on the other hand she still has feelings for her past lover Shankar and bonds well with her neighbor and tends her little son.Suahil and Malini falls in love being from different faiths much chagrin to their parents.On the ground floor lives glamours Leela who sends seductive vibes towards man around.The lives of people living in Mayanagar don't seem to be what it is as there are hidden secrets.
- Richa Chadda as Leela
- Sharman Joshi as Shankar Varma
- Pulkit Samrat as Vilas Naik
- Masumeh Makhija as Varsha Atre (Joshi)
- Renuka Shahane as Flory Mendonca
- Sonal Jha as Malini's mother
- Aisha Ahmed as Malini Mathur
- Ankit Rathi as Suhail Ansari
- Laksh Singh as Dominic
- Himanshu Malik as Policeman Ganpatrao
|Soundtrack album by |
Clinton Cerejo and Amjad Nadeem
|Released||27 February 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
|Singles from 3 Storeys|
The music of the film has been composed by Clinton Cerejo and Amjad Nadeem while lyrics are penned by Puneet Krishna, Alaukik Rahi, Amjad Nadeem, Shellee and Pushaan Mukherjee. The first song of the film Bas Tu Hai which is sung by Arijit Singh and Jonita Gandhi was released on 14 February 2018 on the occasion of Valentines Day. The second track of the film titled as Raasleela which is sung by Sumedha Karmahe was released on 21 February 2018. The third song to be released was Azaadiyaan which is sung by Clinton Cerejo and Bianca Gomes was released on 27 February 2018. The soundtrack album of the film consists of 4 songs and was officially released by Zee Music Company on 27 February 2018.
|1.||"Bas Tu Hai"||Puneet Krishna||Arijit Singh, Jonita Gandhi||4:23|
|2.||"Raasleela" (Music by: Amjad Nadeem)||Alaukik Rahi, Amjad Nadeem||Sumedha Karmahe||4:07|
|3.||"Azaadiyaan"||Shellee||Clinton Cerejo, Bianca Gomes||4:22|
|4.||"Zaroori Bewakoofi"||Pushaan Mukherjee||Mohit Chauhan||4:04|
Lasyapriya Sundaram of The Times of India gave the film a rating of 3.5 out of 5 saying that, "3 Storeys cleverly demonstrates the art of skillfully telling a story wherein all the loose ends of a plot are tied together into a neat whole." Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV praised the performances of the actors specially Renuka Shahane but found the conclusion of the story to be weak. The critic gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 and said that, "For all its flaws, 3 Storeys is still worth watching because it seeks to engage with the audience in a manner that is anything but run of the mill." Rajeev Masand of News18 gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 saying that "it’s a half-baked experiment with a few shining moments." Sweta Kausal of Hindustan Times gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 saying that, "It is a film that weaves together thriller, love story, social issues, realities and life all in one package, without being too messy. The actors’ brilliant performances are added bonus."
Shubhra Gupta of The Indian Express gave the film a rating of 2.5 out of 5 saying that the movie "comes off nice in bits but uneven overall. Everyone plays it quite competently, despite the predictable beats." Rohit Bhatnagar of Deccan Chronicle was impressed with the performances of all actors and felt Renuka Shahane's act was "flawless." The critic gave the film a rating of 3 out of 5 and said that, "With predictable moments scattered all over the film, debutant director Arjun Mukherjee still takes a brave attempt of making an unconventional thriller." Udita Jhunjhunwala of Live Mint reviewed the film saying that, "Arjun Mukherjee’s film has some convincing performances but is tonally inconsistent." Suparno Sarkar of IBTimes gave the film a rating of 3 out of 5 saying that, "3 Storeys is an unconventional drama that could have been much better."
- "3 Storeys teaser: Farhan Akhtar's next production venture uncovers stories hidden inside a chawl". The Indian Express. 2017-12-07. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "After the success of Fukrey Returns, Excel to start the year with 3 Storeys". mid-day. 2018-01-19. Retrieved 2018-01-25.
- "3 storeys". bookmyshow.com.
- "3 Storeys (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)". iTunes.
- "3 Storeys Movie Review". The Times of India.
- "3 Storeys Movie Review: Renuka Shahane's Film Is Worth Your Time". NDTV.
- "3 Storeys Movie Review: It's a Half-baked Experiment With a Few Shining Moments". News18.
- "3 Storeys movie review: Renuka Shahane returns in style with an unconventional thriller". Hindustan Times.
- "3 Storeys movie review: Sharman Joshi and Renuka Shahane shine in uneven drama". The Indian Express.
- "3 Storeys movie review: Convenient yet engaging thriller". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Film Review: 3 Storeys". Live Mint.
- "3 Storeys movie review: Great concept, fine performances, but drama is underutilized". IBTimes.