3d Search Attack Squadron
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|3d Search Attack Squadron|
|Branch||United States Air Force|
The 3d Search Attack Squadron is an inactive United States Air Force unit. Its last assignment was with the 1st Search Attack Group, based at Langley Field, Virginia. It was inactivated on 10 April 1944.
Tested electronic equipment and trained crews for its use in antisubmarine operations; antisubmarine patrols, Jan until late 1943.
- Constituted 2d Search Attack Squadron (Heavy) on 7 December 1942
- Activated on 10 December 1942
- Redesignated: 2d Search Attack Squadron (Heavy) on 22 November 1943
- Disbanded on 10 April 1944.
- 1st Sea-Search Attack Unit (later Search Attack Group), 10 December 1942 – 10 April 1944.
- Maurer, Maurer (1983). Air Force Combat Units Of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.