3d Space Wing
The wing was constituted as the 3d Space Support Wing on 8 Oct 1986 and activated on 15 Oct 1986.
- Cheyenne Mountain Support Group
- USAF Clinic, Peterson AFB
- 1003d Civil Engineering Squadron
- 1003d Comptroller Squadron
- 1003d Mission Support Squadron
- 1003d Mobile Command and Control Squadron
- 1003d Security Police Squadron
- 1003d Services Squadron
- 1003d Space Support Group
- 1003d Transportation Squadron
- 1004th Space Support Group
- 1012th Air Base Group
- 1015th Air Base Squadron
- 2163d Communications Group
Azure, resting on a pillar issuing from base or, detailed argent, a globe celeste (blue turquoise) grid-lined of the second and outlined of the third within two orbital rings saltirewise of the like each charged in chief with a polestar gold; all between three mullets and a plate argent, the plate in dexter chief; all within a diminished bordure or.
Blue and yellow are the Air Force colors. Blue alludes to the sky, the primary theater of Air Force operations. Yellow refers to the sun and the excellence required of Air Force personnel. The globe represents the earth as viewed from space. The latitude and longitude lines emphasize the global nature of Air Force space operations. The ellipses and stars represent the orbital paths traced by satellites. The pillar represents the support mission of the wing.
|This United States Air Force article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|