|Systematic (IUPAC) name|
|CAS Registry Number|
|Molecular mass||190.24 g/mol|
4,4'-Dimethylaminorex (abbreviated as 4,4'-DMAR), sometimes referred to by the street name "Serotoni", is a psychostimulant and entactogen designer drug related to 4-methylaminorex and pemoline. It was first detected in the Netherlands in December 2012, and has been sold as a designer drug around Europe since mid-2013, having been found in Denmark, Hungary, Finland, Sweden and the United Kingdom. 4,4'-DMAR had been linked to at least 26 deaths in Hungary and the UK by February 2014, mostly when consumed in combination with other drugs. Nineteen deaths linked to 4,4'-DMAR were reported in Northern Ireland in the same time period.
4,4'-DMAR acts as a potent and balanced serotonin-norepinephrine-dopamine releasing agent (SNDRA), with EC50 values for serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine release of 18.5 nM, 26.9 nM, and 8.6 nM, respectively.
4,4'-DMAR is listed in Anlage II and therefore illegal in Germany as of May 2015.
Sweden's public health agency suggested to classify 4,4'-DMAR as hazardous substance on November 10, 2014.
- Brandt, Simon D.; Baumann, Michael H.; Partilla, John S.; Kavanagh, Pierce V.; Power, John D.; Talbot, Brian; Twamley, Brendan; Mahony, Olivia; O'Brien, John; Elliott, Simon P.; Archer, Roland P.; Patrick, Julian; Singh, Kuldip; Dempster, Nicola M.; Cosbey, Simon H. (2014). "Characterization of a novel and potentially lethal designer drug(±)-cis-para-methyl-4-methylaminorex (4,4'-DMAR, or ‘Serotoni’)". Drug Testing and Analysis 6 (7-8): 684–695. doi:10.1002/dta.1668. ISSN 1942-7603.
- EMCDDA 2012 Annual report on the state of the drugs problem in Europe
- Europol Early Warning Notification. Link suspected between deaths and new psychoactive substance: 4-methylaminorex, para-methyl derivative. February 2014
- Unregulated stimulant drug blamed for 19 deaths, Belfast inquest told. The Guardian, Thursday 5 June 2014
- "Letter to ACMD regarding advice on MT-45 and 4,4'-DMAR". UK Home Office. 26 November 2014. Retrieved 19 February 2015.
- "Circular 003/2015: a change to the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971: control of MT-45 and 4,4’-DMAR". UK Home Office. 20 February 2015. Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Gesetz über den Verkehr mit Betäubungsmitteln (Betäubungsmittelgesetz - BtMG) Anlage II (zu § 1 Abs. 1) (verkehrsfähige, aber nicht verschreibungsfähige Betäubungsmittel)". Retrieved 29 June 2015.
- "Cannabinoider föreslås bli klassade som hälsofarlig vara". Retrieved 29 June 2015.
|This drug article relating to the nervous system is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|