40 Pounds of Trouble
|40 Pounds of Trouble|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Norman Jewison|
|Produced by||Stan Margulies|
|Screenplay by||Marion Hargrove|
Little Miss Marker|
by Damon Runyon
|Music by||Mort Lindsey|
|Edited by||Marjorie Fowler|
|Distributed by||Universal Pictures|
|31 December 1962 (US)|
|Box office||$2,750,000 (US/ Canada)|
40 Pounds of Trouble is a 1962 film directed by Norman Jewison that marks his directorial debut. The film was shot on location at Disneyland and Lake Tahoe. It is a retelling of Damon Runyon's story Little Miss Marker.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2017)
Tony Curtis plays a casino manager who must take care of an eight-year-old girl named Penny Piper (Claire Wilcox), which includes a trip to Disneyland.
|Tony Curtis||Steve McCluskey|
|Suzanne Pleshette||Chris Lockwood|
|Kevin McCarthy||Louie Blanchard|
|Phil Silvers||Bernie "the Butcher" Friedman|
|Claire Wilcox||Penelope "Penny" Piper|
|“||40 Pounds of Trouble is witless remake of a Runyon Story... Blunt promotion, thin humor fill script... The trouble with 40 Pounds of Trouble is that it is just too hackneyed and dull.||”|
- "Top Rental Features of 1963", Variety, 8 January 1964 p 71. Please note figures are rentals as opposed to total gross.
- Gettell, Oliver (May 23, 2015). "'Tomorrowland' and 5 more Disneyland movies to mark the park's 60th". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 24 May 2015.
- BOSLEY CROWTHER Special to The New York Times. (1963-01-24). "Movie Review - Sodoma e Gomorra - Screen: '40 Pounds of Trouble':Film Is Witless Remake of a Runyon Story Blunt Promotion, Thin Humor Fill Script 'Sodom and Gomorrah' - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- 40 Pounds of Trouble on IMDb
- 40 Pounds of Trouble at the TCM Movie Database
- 40 Pounds of Trouble at AllMovie
|This film article about a 1960s comedy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|