41st Delaware General Assembly
|41st General Assembly|
January 7, 1817 – January 6, 1818
|Preceded by||40th Assembly|
|Succeeded by||42nd Assembly|
The 41st Delaware General Assembly was a meeting of the legislative branch of the state government, consisting of the Delaware Senate and the Delaware House of Representatives. Elections were held the first Tuesday of October and terms began on the first Tuesday in January. It met in Dover, Delaware, convening January 7, 1817, two weeks before the beginning of the first year of the administration of Governor John Clark.
The apportionment of seats was permanently assigned to three senators and seven representatives for each of the three counties. Population of the county did not effect the number of delegates. Both chambers had a Federalist majority.
- Henry Molleston, Sussex County
House of Representatives
- Nathan Vickers, Sussex County
Senators were elected by the public for a three-year term, one third posted each year.
House of Representative
Representatives were elected by the public for a one-year term.
- Martin, Roger A. (1995). Memoirs of the Senate. Newark, Delaware: Roger A. Martin.
Places with more information
- Delaware Historical Society; website; 505 North Market Street, Wilmington, Delaware 19801; (302) 655-7161
- University of Delaware; Library website; 181 South College Avenue, Newark, Delaware 19717; (302) 831-2965