42nd César Awards
|42nd César Awards|
|Date||24 February 2017|
|Site||Salle Pleyel, Paris|
|Hosted by||Jérôme Commandeur|
It's Only the End of the World
|Most awards||Divines and It's Only the End of the World (3)|
|Most nominations||Elle and Frantz (11)|
The 42nd César Awards ceremony, presented by the Académie des Arts et Techniques du Cinéma, was held on 24 February 2017, at the Salle Pleyel in Paris to honour the best French films of 2016. Jérôme Commandeur hosted the César Awards ceremony for the first time.
Divines and It's Only the End of the World won three awards each. Other films with multiple awards include Chocolat, My Life as a Courgette and Elle with two, with the latter film winning the Best Film honour.
Winners and nominees
Marc Engels, Fred Demolder, Sylvain Réty and Jean-Paul Hurier – The Odyssey
Anaïs Romand – The Dancer
Jérémie D. Lignol – Chocolat
Celui qui a deux âmes – Fabrice Luang-Vija
Multiple nominations and awards
The following films received multiple nominations:
The following films received multiple awards:
|It's Only the End of the World|
|My Life as a Courgette|
The show was followed by 1.9 million viewers. This corresponds to 10.5% of the audience.
- 22nd Lumières Awards
- 7th Magritte Awards
- 29th European Film Awards
- 89th Academy Awards
- 70th British Academy Film Awards
- Tartaglione, Nancy (24 January 2017). "César Awards Nominations: Verhoeven's 'Elle', Ozon's 'Frantz' In The Lead". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (24 February 2017). "César Awards Winners: 'Elle' Best Film, Isabelle Huppert Best Actress – Full List". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved 25 February 2017.
- "PALMARÈS 2017 - 42 ÈME CÉRÉMONIE DES CÉSAR". Académie des Arts et Techniques du Cinéma. 24 February 2017. Retrieved 24 February 2017.
- "Audiences : Le téléfilm de France 2 plus fort que "Stars sous hypnose", les César 2017 faibles". PureMédias (in French). 25 February 2017. Retrieved 12 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2017 César Awards.|