42nd Ontario general election
124 seats of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario
62 seats needed for a majority
The 42nd Ontario general election is scheduled to be held on or before June 7, 2018. Under amendments passed by the Legislative Assembly of Ontario in 2004, Ontario elections had previously been held on the first Thursday of October in the fourth calendar year unless the Assembly is dissolved earlier by the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario due to a motion of no confidence or on the advice of the Premier of Ontario. A motion of no confidence is unlikely as the current government has a majority, though Premier Kathleen Wynne stated in June 2015 that she would likely advise to dissolve the Legislature in the spring of 2018 rather than in October of that year in order to avoid any conflict with municipal elections and take advantage of better weather and longer days. Attorney General of Ontario Yasir Naqvi introduced Bill 45, the Election Statute Law Amendment Act, 2016, to the Legislative Assembly in October 2016 to amend the previous fixed election date law, which included moving the election date to the first Thursday in June of the fourth calendar year. The bill received royal assent on December 8, 2016.
- 1 Ridings
- 2 Standings
- 3 Timeline
- 4 Incumbent MPPs not running for re-election
- 5 Candidates by region
- 5.1 East
- 5.2 Central Ontario
- 5.3 905 Belt
- 5.4 Toronto
- 5.5 Hamilton, Burlington and Niagara
- 5.6 Midwestern Ontario
- 5.7 Southwestern Ontario
- 5.8 Northern Ontario
- 6 Opinion polls
- 7 References
- 8 External links
On June 4, 2015, the government introduced Bill 115, Electoral Boundaries Act, 2015, to the Legislature, and it received Royal Assent on December 3, 2015. Bill 115 increases the number of electoral districts from 107 to 122, following along the boundaries set out by the federal 2013 Representation Order for Ontario, while preserving the special boundaries of the 11 seats in Northern Ontario set out in the 1996 redistribution. Two new districts will be created in Ontario's Far North. A special electoral district commission has been set up to review the matter.
|Progressive Conservative||Patrick Brown||28||29|
|New Democratic||Andrea Horwath||21||20|
|Trillium Party of Ontario||Bob Yaciuk||0||1|
- June 12: The Liberal Party under Kathleen Wynne wins a majority government in the 41st Ontario general election. Progressive Conservative leader Tim Hudak announces his intention to step down following the selection of his successor.
- July 2: Tim Hudak resigns as leader of the Progressive Conservatives. Simcoe—Grey MPP Jim Wilson is named interim leader.
- July 24: The Liberals pass their May 1 budget in its final reading.
- November 20: Joe Cimino, the New Democratic Party MPP for Sudbury, resigns his seat, citing family reasons.
- February 5: Liberal candidate Glenn Thibeault is elected in a Sudbury by-election, gaining a seat that had been held by the NDP.
- May 9: Patrick Brown, the Conservative federal MP for Barrie, is elected leader of the Progressive Conservative Party.
- August 1: PC Simcoe North MPP Garfield Dunlop, resigns his seat to allow PC leader Patrick Brown to have a chance to run for a seat. Premier Kathleen Wynne orders a by-election for September 3, 2015.
- August 28: PC Whitby—Oshawa MPP Christine Elliott resigns her seat.
- September 3: PC Leader Patrick Brown is elected in the Simcoe North by-election.
- September 24: Ontario Provincial Police lay charges in relation to the Sudbury byelection scandal.
- December 3: Bill 115, the Electoral Boundaries Act, 2015, which increases the number of electoral districts from 107 to 122, receives Royal Assent.
- February 11: Lorne Coe is elected in the Whitby—Oshawa by-election, maintaining the seat for the PC's.
- March 22: Liberal Scarborough—Rouge River MPP Bas Balkissoon resigns his seat.
- June 30: Liberal Ottawa—Vanier MPP Madeleine Meilleur resigns her seat.
- September 1: PC candidate Raymond Cho is elected in the Scarborough—Rouge River by-election, gaining a seat held by the Liberals.
- September 16: PC Niagara West—Glanbrook MPP and former PC leader Tim Hudak resigns his seat.
- October 19: Two provincial by-elections are called for November 17 to fill vacant seats in the Ottawa—Vanier and Niagara—West Glanbrook ridings.
- October 19: Attorney General of Ontario Yasir Naqvi introduces Bill 45, the Election Statute Law Amendment Act, 2016, which would move Ontario's fixed election date from the first Thursday in October to the first Thursday in June among other changes for First Reading.
- November 1: Ontario Provincial Police announce charges under the provincial act against Gerry Lougheed and Patricia Sorbara (CEO and director of the 2018 Liberal campaign) for alleged bribery during a 2015 byelection. Sorbara announced that she will step down from the campaign.
- November 17: PC candidate Sam Oosterhoff is elected in the Niagara West—Glanbrook by-election, and Liberal candidate Nathalie Des Rosiers is elected in the Ottawa—Vanier by-election.
- December 8: The Election Statute Law Amendment Act, 2016 receives royal assent, moving Ontario's fixed election date to the first Thursday in June.
- December 31: Liberal Sault Ste. Marie MPP David Orazietti resigns his seat.
- May 28: Progressive Conservative MPP for Carleton—Mississippi Mills Jack MacLaren is removed from caucus over controversial remarks regarding the status of French in Ontario. After his explusion, MacLaren announced that he had joined the Trillium Party.
- June 1: PC candidate Ross Romano is elected in the Sault Ste. Marie by-election, gaining a seat held by the Liberals.
- September 1: Liberal Toronto Centre MPP Glen Murray expected to resign his seat.
Incumbent MPPs not running for re-election
Progressive Conservative Party
Ontario Liberal Party
- Monte Kwinter, York Centre
- Dave Levac, Brant
- Mario Sergio, York West
- Glen Murray, Toronto Centre Expected to resign September 1, 2017
Candidates by region
† = Not seeking re-election
‡ = Running for re-election in different riding
Italicization indicates candidate for nomination or declared interest
Highlight indicates nomination meeting has been scheduled
Strikethrough indicates nomination candidate disqualified or withdrew
|Carleton||Goldie Ghamari||Jay Tysick||New District|
|Kanata—Carleton||Merrilee Fullerton||Andrew West||Jack MacLaren (T)||Jack MacLaren
|Lisa MacLeod||James O'Grady||Lisa MacLeod
|Orléans||Cameron Montgomery||Marie-France Lalonde
|Ottawa Centre||Yasir Naqvi||October 29, 2017
|Ottawa South||Karin Howard||Les Schram||John Fraser|
|Ottawa—Vanier||Nathalie Des Rosiers||Rojen Rahmani||Nathalie Des Rosiers|
|Ottawa West—Nepean||Karma MacGregor||Bob Chiarelli|
|Bay of Quinte||Todd Smith||Todd Smith
|Glengarry—Prescott—Russell||Amanda Simard||Grant Crack|
|Hastings—Lennox and Addington||Daryl Kramp||New District|
|Kingston and the Islands||Gary H. Bennett||Ian Arthur
|Lanark—Frontenac—Kingston||Randy Hillier||Randy Hillier
Lanark—Frontenac—Lennox and Addington
|Leeds—Grenville—Thousand Islands and Rideau Lakes||Steve Clark||Steve Clark
|Renfrew—Nipissing—Pembroke||John Yakabuski||John Yakabuski|
|Stormont—Dundas—South Glengarry||Jim McDonell||Jim McDonell|
|Bonnie North||Ann Hoggarth
|Barrie—Springwater—Oro-Medonte||Patrick Brown||Keenan Aylwin||New District|
|Bruce—Grey—Owen Sound||Bill Walker||Liz Marshall (T)||Bill Walker|
|Dufferin—Caledon||Bob Gordanier||Sylvia Jones||Sylvia Jones|
|Haliburton—Kawartha Lakes—Brock||Laurie Scott||Laurie Scott|
|Northumberland—Peterborough South||Lou Rinaldi||September 23, 2017
|November 19, 2017
|Peterborough—Kawartha||September 14, 2017
|Zach Hatton||Jeff Leal
|Simcoe—Grey||Jim Wilson||Jim Wilson|
|Simcoe North||Jill Dunlop||Patrick Brown ‡|
|York—Simcoe||September 10, 2017
|Julia Munro †|
Durham and York
|Ajax||Todd McCarthy||Joe Dickson
|Aurora—Oak Ridges—Richmond Hill||Jeff Mole||Michael Parsa||New District|
|Durham||Lindsey Park||Granville Anderson|
|King—Vaughan||Marilyn Iafrate||Stephen Lecce||New District|
|Markham—Stouffville||Paul Calandra||Helena Jaczek
|Markham—Thornhill||Logan Kanapathi||New District|
|Markham—Unionville||August 27, 2017
|Newmarket—Aurora||Chris Ballard||Charity McGrath||Chris Ballard|
|Oshawa||Bob Chapman||Jennifer French||Jennifer French|
|Pickering—Uxbridge||Peter Bethlenfalvy||Tracy MacCharles
|Richmond Hill||Reza Moridi||Daisy Wai||Reza Moridi|
|Thornhill||Gila Martow||Gila Martow|
|Vaughan—Woodbridge||Michael Tibollo||Steven Del Duca
|Whitby||Lorne Coe||Niki Lundquist||Lorne Coe
Brampton, Mississauga & Oakville
|Brampton Centre||Harjit Jaswal||Sara Singh||New District|
|Brampton East||Gulab Singh
|Brampton North||Jass Johal||Harinder Malhi
|Brampton South||Sukhwant Thethi||Prabmeet Sarkaria||New District|
|Brampton West||Amarjot Singh Sandhu||Vic Dhillon|
|Mississauga Centre||Shafqat Ali
|Angely Pacis||New District|
|Mississauga East—Cooksville||Kaleed Rasheed||Dipika Damerla|
|Mississauga—Erin Mills||Khalid Bajwa
|Sheref Sabawy||Harinder Takhar ‡
|Mississauga—Lakeshore||Charles Sousa||Rudy Cuzzetto||Charles Sousa
|Mississauga—Streetsville||Bob Delaney||Nina Tangri||Bob Delaney|
|Oakville||Stephen Crawford||Kevin Flynn|
|Oakville North—Burlington||Ibrahim Daniyal
||Effie Triantafilopoulos||Indira Naidoo-Harris ‡
|Scarborough—Agincourt||Soo Wong||Aris Babikian||Soo Wong|
|Scarborough Centre||Thenusha Parani||Brad Duguid|
|Scarborough—Guildwood||Mitzie Hunter||DD Reddy Muttukuru
|Scarborough North||Raymond Cho||Raymond Cho
|Scarborough—Rouge Park||Vijay Thanigasalam||New District|
|Scarborough Southwest||Lorenzo Berardinetti|
North York and North Toronto
|Don Valley East||Michael Coteau||Angela Kennedy||Michael Coteau|
|Don Valley North||Shelley Carroll||Vincent Ke||New District|
|Don Valley West||Kathleen Wynne||Jon Kieran||Mickey McIntosh (N.Ont)||Kathleen Wynne|
|Eglinton—Lawrence||Robin Martin||Thomas Gallezot||Michael Colle|
|Willowdale||Stan Cho||David Zimmer|
|York Centre||Roman Baber||Monte Kwinter†|
Toronto and East York
|Beaches—East York||Debra Scott||Arthur Potts|
|Davenport||Grace Paulino -The New People's Choice - Party of Ontario||Cristina Martins|
|Spadina—Fort York||Han Dong||Sabrina Zuniga||Han Dong
|Toronto Centre||Alexei Simakov||Glen Murray†|
|Toronto—St. Paul's||Eric Hoskins
|Gillian Smith||Jessica Bell||New District|
Etobicoke and York
|Etobicoke Centre||Yvan Baker||Kinga Surma||Yvan Baker|
|Etobicoke North||Sudeep Verma||August 28, 2017
|Etobicoke—Lakeshore||Christine Hogarth||Peter Milczyn|
|Humber River—Black Creek||Deanna Sgro||Cyma Musarat||Tom Rakocevic||Mario Sergio†
|Parkdale—High Park||Nadia Guerrera||Sarah Bokhari||Cheri DiNovo†|
|York South—Weston||Laura Albanese||Faisal Hassan
Hamilton, Burlington and Niagara
|Burlington||Eleanor McMahon||Jane McKenna||Eleanor McMahon|
|Flamborough—Glanbrook||Judi Partridge||Dan Sadler
|Hamilton Centre||Andrea Horwath|
|Hamilton East—Stoney Creek||Paul Miller||Paul Miller|
|Hamilton Mountain||Allan Miles
|Monique Taylor||Monique Taylor|
|Hamilton West—Ancaster—Dundas||Ted McMeekin||Ben Levitt||Ted McMeekin
|Milton||Indira Naidoo-Harris||Parm Gill||New District|
|Niagara Centre||April Jeffs||Cindy Forster||Steve Soos (T)||Cindy Forster
|Niagara Falls||Mike Strange||Wayne Gates||Wayne Gates|
|Niagara West||Sam Oosterhoff||Sam Oosterhoff
|St. Catharines||Jim Bradley||Jim Bradley|
|Brantford—Brant||Ruby Toor||Will Bouma||Rob Ferguson (Ltn)
Nicholas Archer (NOTA)
|Dave Levac †
|Cambridge||Kathryn McGarry||Kathryn McGarry|
|Mike Schreiner||Liz Sandals|
|Haldimand—Norfolk||Toby Barrett||Toby Barrett|
|Huron—Bruce||Lisa Thompson||Lisa Thompson|
|Kitchener Centre||Daiene Vernile||Steven Cage
Mary Henein Thorn
|Laura Mae Lindo||Daiene Vernile|
|Kitchener—Conestoga||Michael Harris||Michael Harris|
|Kitchener South—Hespeler||Amy Fee||New District|
|Oxford||Ernie Hardeman||Ernie Hardeman|
|Perth—Wellington||Randy Pettapiece||Randy Pettapiece|
|Wellington—Halton Hills||Ted Arnott||Ted Arnott|
|Chatham-Kent—Leamington||Rick Nicholls||Rick Nicholls
|Elgin—Middlesex—London||Jeff Yurek||Jeff Yurek|
|Essex||Taras Natyshak||Taras Natyshak|
|Lambton—Kent—Middlesex||Monte McNaughton||Monte McNaughton|
|London—Fanshawe||Eric Weniger||Teresa Armstrong||Teresa Armstrong|
|London North Centre||Deb Matthews||Susan Truppe||Deb Matthews|
|London West||Jake Skinner||Peggy Sattler||Peggy Sattler|
|Sarnia—Lambton||Bob Bailey||Bob Bailey|
|Windsor—Tecumseh||August 26, 2017
|Percy Hatfield||Percy Hatfield|
|Windsor West||Adam Ibrahim||Lisa Gretzky||Lisa Gretzky|
A "Far North Electoral Boundaries Commission" has been established to consider adding two new districts in Ontario's far north. If approved, new ridings would be carved out of Kenora—Rainy River and Timmins—James Bay. Following the recommendations of the preliminary report, the proposed names for these ridings would be Kiiwetinong and Mushkegowuk respectively, while the remaining part of Timmins—James Bay would be renamed to just "Timmins", as it would consist exclusively of that city.
|Algoma—Manitoulin||Michael Mantha||Tommy Lee (N.Ont)||Michael Mantha|
|Kenora—Rainy River||Douglas Judson||Sarah Campbell|
|Nickel Belt||France Gélinas||France Gélinas|
|Nipissing||Vic Fedeli||Vic Fedeli|
|Parry Sound—Muskoka||Norm Miller||Norm Miller|
|Sault Ste. Marie||Ross Romano||Ross Romano|
|Sudbury||Glenn Thibeault||Troy Crowder||Jamie West||Glenn Thibeault|
|Thunder Bay—Atikokan||Bill Mauro||John Rafferty||Bill Mauro|
|Thunder Bay—Superior North||Michael Gravelle||Derek Parks||Alain Lauzon||Michael Gravelle|
|Timiskaming—Cochrane||John Vanthof||Shawn P. Poirier (N.Ont)||John Vanthof|
|Timmins—James Bay||Gilles Bisson||Gilles Bisson|
|Polling firm||Last date of polling||Link||Liberal||PC||NDP||Green||Other||Type
|Innovative Research||July 19, 2017||HTML||36||40||17||6||1||Telephone||605||±4%|
|Campaign Research||July 10, 2017||HTML||31||38||23||6||1||Online||943||±3%|
|Innovative Research||June 27, 2017||HTML||35||39||20||5||1||Telephone||600||±4%|
|Forum Research||June 14, 2017||23||44||24||7||2||IVR||1,003||±3%|
|Campaign Research||June 12, 2017||HTML||30||38||24||7||1||Online||1,118||±3%|
|Mainstreet Research||May 25, 2017||HTML||29||43||24||5||-||IVR||2,000||±2.19%|
|Campaign Research||May 13, 2017||HTML||37||34||22||6||1||Online||864||±4%|
|Forum Research||May 10, 2017||28||41||23||6||3||IVR||1,103||±3%|
|Campaign Research||April 11, 2017||HTML||31||36||25||Online||979||±3%|
|Innovative Research||April 5, 2017||29||40||23||6||2||Online||779|
|Forum Research||March 30, 2017||19||43||28||8||2||IVR||884||±3.3%|
|Mainstreet Research||March 12, 2017||HTML||30||40||24||6||-||IVR||2,531||±1.95%|
|Forum Research||February 16, 2017||24||44||25||6||2||IVR||1,120||±3%|
|Mainstreet Research||February 12, 2017||HTML||29||39||27||4||-||IVR||2,524||±1.95%|
|Campaign Research||January 29, 2017||HTML||28||50||15||5||2||IVR||676||±4%|
|Forum Research||November 21, 2016||24||43||24||8||2||IVR||1,184||±3%|
|Nanos Research||November 19, 2016||31.9||39.9||22.2||5.2||0.8||Telephone||500||±4.4%|
|Mainstreet Research||November 2, 2016||HTML||25||43||27||6||-||IVR||2,524||±1.95%|
|Forum Research||October 18, 2016||24||43||23||8||2||IVR||1,124||±3%|
|Innovative Research||September 24, 2016||33||38||20||8||-||Telephone||600||±4.0%|
|Ipsos Reid||September 22, 2016||HTML||40||35||20||5||-||Online||800||±4%|
|Mainstreet Research||September 18, 2016||HTML||28||43||23||6||-||IVR||2,562||±1.94%|
|Forum Research||September 13, 2016||25||45||23||6||2||IVR||1,154||±3%|
|Ipsos Reid||September 9, 2016||HTML||35||37||23||5||-||Online||800||±4%|
|Forum Research||August 15, 2016||28||41||23||6||2||IVR||1,097||±3%|
|Forum Research||July 12, 2016||35||42||17||5||2||IVR||1,183||±3%|
|Forum Research||June 21, 2016||30||40||21||8||2||IVR||1,173||±3%|
|Forum Research||May 31, 2016||30||40||21||7||2||IVR||1,172||±3%|
|Mainstreet Research||May 18, 2016||HTML||36||38||20||5||-||IVR||2,537||±1.95%|
|Forum Research||April 25, 2016||34||39||21||5||2||IVR||1,157||±3%|
|Forum Research||March 23, 2016||30||40||24||5||2||IVR||1,225||±3%|
|Forum Research||February 29, 2016||27||44||22||6||2||IVR||1,148||±3%|
|Mainstreet Research||February 16, 2016||HTML||33||36||26||5||-||IVR||2,623||±1.91%|
|Forum Research||December 20, 2015||31||34||26||7||2||IVR||1,003||±3%|
|Ipsos Reid||November 9, 2015||HTML||44||31||20||4||-||Online||1,002||±3.5%|
|Forum Research||November 4, 2015||30||36||26||6||1||IVR||1,158||±3%|
|Mainstreet Research||November 1, 2015||HTML||28||40||25||7||-||IVR||2,506||±1.96%|
|Mainstreet Research||September 21, 2015||HTML||30||40||24||7||-||IVR||4,610||±1.5%|
|Forum Research||August 13, 2015||26||35||33||4||2||IVR||1,001||±3%|
|Forum Research||July 5, 2015||26||32||35||5||2||IVR||678||±4%|
|Ipsos Reid||May 20, 2015||HTML||34||32||25||8||-||Online||1,002||±3.5%|
|Innovative Research||May 19, 2015||34||35||24||6||-||Telephone||606||±4.0%|
|Forum Research||May 11, 2015||24||33||36||5||2||IVR||1,001||±3%|
|Forum Research||April 30, 2015||29||36||24||9||2||IVR||912||±3%|
|Innovative Research||April 26, 2015||40||33||18||8||1||Online||1,017|
|Forum Research||March 26, 2015||29||34||27||8||2||IVR||881||±3%|
|Environics||March 25, 2015||HTML||32||33||27||7||-||Telephone||989||±3.1%|
|Forum Research||February 27, 2015||32||39||21||6||2||IVR||996||±3%|
|Forum Research||January 30, 2015||37||36||19||6||2||IVR||1,028||±3%|
|Forum Research||December 20, 2014||35||36||20||7||2||IVR||1,058||±3%|
|Forum Research||November 29, 2014||37||37||17||7||2||IVR||1,054||±3%|
|Forum Research||November 1, 2014||40||35||19||4||2||IVR||1,104||±3%|
|Forum Research||October 1, 2014||36||34||23||6||1||IVR||1,079||±3%|
|Forum Research||August 21, 2014||39||32||19||8||2||IVR||1,229||±3%|
|2014 election||June 12, 2014||HTML||38.65||31.25||23.75||4.84||1.51|
|Polling Firm||Last Date of Polling||Link||Liberal||PC||NDP||Green||Other||Type of Poll||Sample Size||Margin of Error|
|Mainstreet Research||July 10, 2017||HTML||31||49||15||5||-||IVR||2,000||±2.19%|
|Forum Research||June 22, 2017||32||38||21||6||3||IVR||1,040||±3%|
|Mainstreet Research||February 21, 2017||HTML||42||30||23||5||-||IVR||2,103||±2.14%|
- Ferguson, Rob (October 19, 2016). "Ontario moves election date to June 7, 2018". Toronto Star. Retrieved October 31, 2016.
- "Election Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.6". Queen's Printer for Ontario. 31 December 2015. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- Benzie, Robert (June 4, 2015). "Ontario to add 15 MPPs, move 2018 election date ahead". Toronto Star. Retrieved October 25, 2015.
- "Bill 45, Election Statute Law Amendment Act, 2016 - Status". Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Legislative Assembly of Ontario - Bills & Lawmaking - Current Parliament - Bill 115, Electoral Boundaries Act, 2015". www.ontla.on.ca. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Ontario election 2014: Tim Hudak to step down". CBC News. June 12, 2014. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- "Tim Hudak to quit July 2 amid Tory revolt". Toronto Star. June 18, 2014. Retrieved June 18, 2014.
- Brennan, Richard (July 2, 2014). "Progressive Conservatives pick Jim Wilson as interim leader". The Toronto Star. Retrieved July 2, 2014.
- "Joe Cimino, Rookie Sudbury NDP MPP, Resigns After 5 Months". The Huffington Post Canada. November 20, 2014. Retrieved November 20, 2014.
- "Liberal Glenn Thibeault wins Sudbury byelection". CBC News. February 5, 2015. Retrieved February 6, 2015.
- "Barrie MP Patrick Brown resigns seat as he shifts to lead provincial PCs". Ottawa Citizen. May 13, 2015. Retrieved May 18, 2015.
- "Gerry Lougheed Jr., Ontario Liberal fundraiser, charged in Sudbury byelection scandal". CBC News. September 24, 2015. Retrieved September 26, 2015.
- "Tim Hudak to step down as MPP, will take reins of Ontario Real Estate Association". CBC News. Retrieved 2016-10-27.
- "Two Ontario by-elections called for Nov. 17". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2016-10-27.
- "Legislative Assembly of Ontario - Bills & Lawmaking - Current Parliament - Bill 45, Election Statute Law Amendment Act, 2016". ontla.on.ca. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Top Liberals face Elections Act charges in Sudbury case | Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Wynne adviser to step down after OPP charges related to Sudbury byelection | Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Mike Wise on Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "David Reevely on Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- Jones, Allison. "Ontario cabinet minister David Orazietti quits". ctvnews.ca. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Ottawa-area MPP Jack MacLaren expelled from PC caucus". CBC News. May 28, 2017. Retrieved May 28, 2017.
Hours after being expelled, however, MacLaren issued a statement on Twitter announcing he had joined the Trillium Party of Ontario 'after months of deliberation and discussion with my constituents.'
- "Julia Munro announces Intention to Retire" (PDF). juliamunrompp.com. March 21, 2017.
- "Monte Kwinter MPP for York Centre not seeking re-election in 2018" (Press release). Ontario Liberal Party. July 20, 2017.
- Steve Paikin [@spaikin] (May 5, 2017). "Confirmed: speaker @DaveLevac announces he won't seek re-election in June 2018" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Geoff Zochodne [@GeoffZochodne] (July 10, 2017). "Longtime Liberal @MarioSergioMPP is hanging them up" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- GIOVANNETTI, SHAWN McCARTHY and JUSTIN (2017-07-31). "Environment Minister Glen Murray resigns from Kathleen Wynne’s cabinet". Retrieved 2017-08-01.
- "Patrick Brown appears to be keeping social conservatives at bay, would-be candidate says - Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- Bruton, Bob (January 17, 2017). "Shipley seeking PC nomination". Barrie Examiner.
- Bruton, Bob (January 25, 2017). "Vindum joins PC race". Barrie Examiner.
- Nasmith, Cecilia (May 1, 2017). "Port Hoper throws his hat into the ring". northumberlandtoday.com. Postmedia Network.
- Kovach, Joelle (May 13, 2017). "Nic Cunningham not joining Progressive Conservative nomination race in Peterborough-Kawartha". Peterborough Examiner. Postmedia Network. Retrieved June 3, 2017.
- Kovach, Joelle (May 10, 2017). "Peterborough Agricultural Society president Ryan Moore seeking Peterborough-Kawartha Progressive Conservative nomination". Peterborough Examiner. Postmedia Network. Retrieved June 3, 2017.
- Anderson, Lance (May 16, 2017). "Dave Smith enters the provincial election race in Peterborough". gottarent.com. Metroland Media.
- "Ontario Trade minister Chan won't run for McCallum's seat, Markham mayor might". 6 February 2017.
- "安省三華人爭當萬錦選區省議員 - 大紀元". epochtimes.com. 10 October 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "பட்டியலில் இன்னுமொன்று - Lankathas Pathmanathan". facebook.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Harjit Jaswal - Bramalea Gore Malton MPP Candidate Ontario PC Party - Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Gulab Singh - Great support from Brampton East. Thank you... - Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Home". Clyde Roach.
- "Effie Triantafilopoulos". Effie Triantafilopoulos.
- "Quintus Thuraisingham". www.facebook.com.
- "Wynne plans to lead Liberals into election as Tories claim she’ll leave after byelection loss - Toronto Star". thestar.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Thomas Gallezot for Eglinton-Lawrence - Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "MPP Glen Murray announces on Twitter he won’t run in next election".
- "Paul Tolios for Toronto-Danforth". www.paultolios.ca.
- "Ashhar Zia Choudhary Professional from Toronto Danforth". www.ashharziachoudhary.ca.
- "About Jo-Ann". 16 February 2017.
- "Nadia Guerrera".
- Faisal Hassan [@FaisalHassanNDP] (May 25, 2017). "I am thrilled to seek @OntarioNDP nomination in #ysw more information to come..." (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Yafet Tewelde [@YafetTewelde] (July 26, 2017). "I have decided to seek the nomination for Ontario’s NDP in #YSW..." (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Dan Sadler - Facebook". facebook.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- Review, Flamborough. "Mount Hope resident seeks Flamborough-Glanbrook Ontario PC nomination". flamboroughreview.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- Henschel, Steve (28 March 2017). "Jeffs, Forster likely names on 2018 ballots - NiagaraThisWeek.com".
- nurun.com. "Levac yet to decide on re-election bid". Brantford Expositor.
- nurun.com. "Voters to get choice of None of the Above". Brantford Expositor.
- "Home - Adrian Marcolini". adrianmarcolini.ca.
- Mary Henein Thorn [@HeneinThorn] (March 12, 2017). "I would love your help! 529 722-3071. I am running for the nomination in Kitchener Centre" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Mark Straub [@votemarkstraub] (December 16, 2016). "Filed my nomination paperwork at PC headquarters today. Looking to make Kitchener Centre blue again" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Catherine Fife [@CFifeKW] (May 27, 2017). "So excited that my good friend Laura Mae Lindo will be seeking the @OntarioNDP nomination for the riding of Kitchener-Centre. #onpoli" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- nurun.com. "Truppe seeks Tory nod". lfpress.com. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "The Northern Ontario Party continues to build strength for the 2018 election - North Bay Now". 24 April 2017.
- "Will run again in 2018, Thibeault confirms".
- "John Rafferty, former New Democrat MP, eyeing a run at Queen's Park".