42nd People's Choice Awards
|42nd People's Choice Awards|
|Date||January 6, 2016|
|Location||Microsoft Theater, Los Angeles, California|
|Hosted by||Jane Lynch|
The 42nd People's Choice Awards, honoring the best in popular culture for 2015, were held January 6, 2016, at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, California, and were broadcast live on CBS. The ceremony was hosted by Jane Lynch. Nominations were announced on November 3, 2015.
- Shawn Mendes — "Stitches"
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello — "I Know What You Did Last Summer"
- Jason Derulo — "Get Ugly", "Want to Want Me"
- Jordan Smith, accompanied by David Foster — "You Are So Beautiful"
- Melissa Benoist
- Mayim Bialik
- Jack Black
- Betsy Brandt
- Priyanka Chopra
- Chris D'Elia
- Adam DeVine
- Vin Diesel
- Natalie Dormer
- Mike Epps
- Meagan Good
- Clark Gregg
- Colin Hanks
- Marcia Gay Harden
- Josh Holloway
- Kate Hudson
- Cheyenne Jackson
- Raza Jaffrey
- Dakota Johnson
- Taylor Kinney
- Nia Long
- Lea Michele
- Christina Milian
- Kunal Nayyar
- The Pink Ladies of Grease: Live (Julianne Hough, Vanessa Hudgens, Keke Palmer, Kether Donohue and Carly Rae Jepsen)
- Melissa Rauch
- Gina Rodriguez
- Abigail Spencer
- John Stamos
- Meghan Trainor
- Amber Valletta
- Ming-Na Wen
- Ed Westwick
- Alison Brie
- Shemar Moore
Winners and nominees
|Favorite Movie||Favorite Action Movie|
|Favorite Comedic Movie||Favorite Dramatic Movie|
|Favorite Movie Actor||Favorite Movie Actress|
|Favorite Action Movie Actor||Favorite Action Movie Actress|
|Favorite Comedic Movie Actor||Favorite Comedic Movie Actress|
|Favorite Dramatic Movie Actor||Favorite Dramatic Movie Actress|
|Favorite Animated Movie Voice||Favorite Family Movie|
|Favorite Thriller Movie|
|Favorite TV Show||Favorite Network TV Comedy|
|Favorite Network TV Drama||Favorite Network TV Sci-Fi/Fantasy|
|Favorite Cable TV Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show||Favorite TV Crime Drama|
|Favorite Comedic TV Actor||Favorite Comedic TV Actress|
|Favorite Dramatic TV Actor||Favorite Dramatic TV Actress|
|Favorite TV Crime Drama Actor||Favorite TV Crime Drama Actress|
|Favorite Cable TV Comedy||Favorite Cable TV Drama|
|Favorite Competition TV Show||Favorite Cable TV Actor|
|Favorite Cable TV Actress||Favorite Premium Cable TV Show|
|Favorite Premium Cable TV Actor||Favorite Premium Cable TV Actress|
|Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actor||Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Actress|
|Favorite Daytime TV Host||Favorite Daytime Talk Show Hosting Team|
|Favorite Late Night Talk Show Host||Favorite Streaming Series|
|Favorite Actor In A New TV Series||Favorite Actress In A New TV Series|
|Favorite Animated TV Show||Favorite New TV Comedy|
|Favorite New TV Drama|
|Favorite Male Singer||Favorite Female Singer|
|Favorite Group||Favorite Breakout Artist|
|Favorite Male Country Artist||Favorite Female Country Artist|
|Favorite Country Group||Favorite Pop Artist|
|Favorite Hip-Hop Artist||Favorite R&B Artist|
|Favorite Song||Favorite Album|
|Favorite Music Icon|
|Favorite Social Media Celebrity||Favorite Social Media Star|
|Favorite Mobile Game||Favorite Video Game|
|Favorite YouTube Star||The DailyMail.com Seriously Popular Award|
When The Talk won Favorite Daytime TV Hosting Team, host and creator Sara Gilbert was interrupted by 20-year-old aspiring rapper Zacari Nicasio. Nicasio grabbed the mic and said "My name is Zacari Nicasio. Shout out to Kevin Gates he has an album; Yeezy jumped over the jumpman yes sir..." Shortly after Nicasio grabbed the mic, Sharon Osbourne kicked him twice, and then Sheryl Underwood told Niciasio "You ain't gonna pull no Steve Harvey up in here [no] no sir, no sir. Security!" After Gilbert continued her speech, Aisha Tyler joked about the incident when Gilbert said they are the "Mötley Crüe of misfits" which Tyler replied "But that guy is not in our club." Osbourne added to the joke saying "Get the **** off my stage!" Osbourne also flipped off Nicasio twice as he was taken away by security during Gilbert's speech. Julie Chen told Entertainment Tonight moments after the incident "[Osbourne] always said you mess with one of us you mess with all of us." The incident was heavily talked about on their show following the awards. After ranting about his behavior, Osbourne warned him on The Talk, “If I see him again, I'd kick him again!" Tyler told him to "practice yo speech in the bathroom dude" if he was going interrupt an award show and also mocked his speech on the show as well saying "Imma give a shout out to Spooky and them and I like cheese sandwiches." Gilbert said about being interrupted "When he first came up I just thought oh somebody's trying to steal the spotlight and it's kinda funny even though it's not right because we wanna speak to our fans and you know all of that. But there was something amusing about it. When it was unintelligible I got scared there was something wrong with him." Underwood also mentioned on The Talk that Harvey gave Underwood permission to use that joke because she had been saying it a lot and didn't want to hurt his feelings as he is a personal friend of Underwood. Underwood also stated she almost pushed Nicasio off the stage but she didn't as she feared of a lawsuit saying "When our boy was coming up to the stage I was like 'Oh hell no' and then I thought if I got on this dude and knocked him down the stairs then maybe its a lawsuit and we all get sued and network close down. For then I thought if I strong-armed the dude and kinda push him off and get him out of here."
On March 3, 2016, Gilbert, Underwood, and Osbourne brought up the incident again on The Talk during their conversation of a woman defending herself at gunpoint in a convenience store. Glibert said "I was thinking about [the woman defending herself] when I was watching how I would react and then I realized how I would react because we had it not a criminal situation but the guy [Niciasio] that came up during the People's Choice Awards. You two [Osbourne and Underwood] were kicking [Niciasio] off the stage and I was scared and just went quiet. You know I would just shut down and hand him the money." Osbourne joked "We were just scared that [Niciasio] was gonna sing. That would have been much scarier."
On June 13, 2016, Sara Gilbert brought up the incident again with Mike Epps who was a guest on The Talk.
Ironically, six months prior to the awards, Tyler was asked by Jason Derulo at the 2015 Ubisoft E3 press conference to dance with him after Tyler remarked that she was glad to not dance up there with him as she pointed out she is not a good dancer. Derulo jokingly was disappointed that Tyler didn't crash his performance.
- "BRITNEY SPEARS, JACK BLACK, JOHN STAMOS, KATE HUDSON, MARCIA GAY HARDEN AND MORE TO ATTEND "PEOPLE'S CHOICE AWARDS 2016"". cbspressexpress. CBS Broadcasting Inc. December 21, 2015.
- "2016 Nominees & Winners". People's Choice Awards. Retrieved October 3, 2015.
- "2016 Winners and highlights". CBS News. 6 January 2016. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- "List: Who won People's Choice Awards?". USA Today. January 6, 2016. Archived from the original on January 7, 2016. Retrieved January 6, 2016.
- People's Choice. "The People's Choice for Favorite Daytime TV Hosting Team is The Talk". YouTube. CBS. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- Entertainment Tonight. "Watch Sharon Osbourne Kick Man Who Crashed 'The Talk' People's Choice Speech - Twice!". YouTube. Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- The Talk. "The Talk – Mrs. O Warns 'People's Choice' Stage Crasher: 'If I see him again, I'd kick him again!'". YouTube. CBS. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- The Talk. "The Talk - Sheryl Underwood Explains, 'Don't Pull A Steve Harvey' Remark on 'People's Choice Awards'". YouTube. CBS. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- Niciasio, Zacari. "You know I had to do it.. 2016 I'm taking over 💯 @future @privatekanye @balmainparis @zara @iamkevingates #2016 #peopleschoiceawards #yeezy". Instagram. Instagram. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- Stutz, Colin. "People's Choice Awards' Stage Crasher Zacari Nicasio's 5 Best Media Moments". Billboard. Billboard. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- YouTube. "Just Dance 2016 Ubisoft Conference at E3 2015 - Presentation". YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved 14 March 2016.