42nd Street Photo
|Headquarters||New York, New York, |
|Products||Cameras, video, film, audio, computers, electronics|
Solomon Barnathan founded 42nd Street Photo in 1965. Barnathan started his own store called ‘Barnett’s’ on 42nd Street, which focused on electronics and cameras. This later became 42nd Street Photo. Elliot Braha took over management of the store from Barnathan in 1985. In 1986, the store expanded to a new location on 5th Avenue.
The store targets amateur and professional photographers and videographers with low pricing on photography, video and audio equipment. A large portion of the store’s customers comes from their expanding online presence that ships globally.
The store is currently owned by Elliot Braha. Braha first started with 42nd Street Photo when it was called Barnett’s, under its previous owner, Solomon Barnathan. Braha moved from being a sales clerk to managing the store in 1985. In June 2015, Braha was interviewed by David Jensen, author of The Naked Interview: Hiring Without Regret, about his hiring process at 42nd Street Photo. Braha stated that he most values personal references and face-to-face interviews when it comes to hiring employees. Braha attributes their sales increases to the store’s dedication to customer service. Their sales increased 40% from 2009 to 2010, and from 2010 to 2014 they increased 100% from approximately $10 MM to $20 MM.
- "Hiring Guru: 42nd Street Photo Hiring for Over 50 Years". The Huffington Post. 2015-06-30. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- "Amazon.com Seller Profile: 42nd Street Photo". Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- "42nd Street Photo". Retrieved 25 August 2016.
- 42nd Street Photo Blog. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "42nd Street Photo Announces Canon EOS-70D On Sale And Available Now - The Business Journals". The Business Journals. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 42nd Street Photo.|